Friday, July 16, 2010

Show us your life: Single Guys

Immediately, my mind said Matt K.  Girls beware this guy is a keeper.
Meet Matt: currently of Charleston, WV

I can't begin to describe how awesome this guy is!  Matt is as fun as that precious smile.  I met Matt through my husband.  They were fraternity brothers, Lambda Chi Alpha and also played music together in a band.









If you don't like fraternities then don't read any further, but keep in mind that Matt is not your typical fraternity guy.  He exclusively dated one girl through college, proving that he is commited when the girl is right, obviously she was right for forever!  He was the president of LXA and is still an active alumni.  Currently, he is living in Charleston, WV after just finishing grad school in Athens, OH and is working in sales for a radio station.  Did I mention that he has also lived in Greensboro NC (where we all went to UNCG together) and Brunswick, GA.  This guy seriously needs a the right girl to ground him to one location.  But no matter where he ends up he makes friends quickly and for life!

 
You might see this face once or twice if you ever meet him, he is always thinking up a fun new project, road  trips and outrageous schemes.  One included a 5' x 10' one food deep hole in my backyard, so that when we did the 75' long slip-n-slide that we wouldn't hurt ourselves in the shrubs, but instead splash into a muddy pool.  Dang I wish I could have found a picture of that! 

But, I did find our New Year's Eve tradition, cooking breakfast at 3am!  Yes, that's me shoving grits in my mouth! YUM! 

This guy is also a gentleman, his mama raised him right!  When he spends the night at our house he always leaves a little surprise, homemade lasagna, a case of some brew and strips the sheets from the bed putting them in the laundry room (what guy do you know that does that!?!).  

I can't mention Matt without mentioning his dog Roscoe.

I could keep going on and on because he is just THAT great of a guy.  
I will be giving him the link to this post so ladies bring it on!

ETA: I can't remember his exact age, but late 20's not quite 30!  
  

11 comments:

  1. He is truly a catch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If he was up in New England, I would would love to meet him. He's adorable! And girls, don't scoff at the fraternity background. As a forever sorority girl (I'm now a Chapter Advisor), I know that the Greek system is amazing. It trains future leaders with a heart for philanthropy and community and complaint-free black tie events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in MD, not too far from WV. Feel free to pass my e-mail along if he's interested in talking. vahastings@gmail.com
    I just turned 30 and am the finance manager for a Christian Non-profit Relief and Development organization.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He seems quite precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great friend you are! Too bad he's not in Texas, but if he would consider relocating....??? Best of luck to him - and thanks for showcasing him - it is so refreshing to have reminders that there ARE good guys still out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow.. he is cute and seems like such a good guy. probably too far away though.

    -stacey taylorst@netscape.com (huntsville, al)or facebook taterbug 0213

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh he is adorable!! I am 25 and live in Nashville, probably a little too far but my blog has lots of info and pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He looks so adorable! Check out my blog, but i may be too far :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great guy. Bummer all my single girlfriends are up in St Louis. Will he travel? :O)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boo I wish he still lived in Greensboro! I'd definitely go out with him :) I love that he is so involved with his fraternity. Kappa Delta means the world to me, so much more than I could explain, so I definitely respect and understand that. He sounds like a great guy. Best of luck to Matt finding his special lady!

    ReplyDelete