It is official, no more bottles, no more breastmilk and no more FORMULA!!! Thank goodness!!
We started switching to whole milk cold turkey. He seemed to like it, but then we got worried that the whole milk was giving him diarrhea. WELL, it wasn't the milk it was that stomach bug! So, we went back to formula till Owen was all well. When I tried to give him whole milk he wasn't interested, I wouldn't be either. You know how you eat something and it makes you sick and you don't want it anymore, this is what I think he is relating to the whole milk.
So, we did 1/5th whole milk and 4/5ths formula for several days, then 1/3, and then a good week of 1/2. I could tell when he wasn't sure of the milk and when he would get used to it. I didn't force it as I was also trying to use up the container of formula too. From 1/2 we were able to jump to a 1/4 for a day or so and then it happened. We were running late, so I just thought better now than later! Owen drank the 100% whole milk ok that day! BUT the next day and true to today he has been GULPING it down like the whole milk is FABULOUS and he has never had such goodness!
I am proud that I was able to exclusively give him breastmilk till 10 months, he had formula for 2 1/2 months and now he is organic whole milk.
Now if I could get him to eat his veggies!!
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Awesome! We'll be switching Noah in a few weeks, I hope it goes as smoothly (with the exception of the stomach bug!).
ReplyDelete