Tuesday, July 10, 2012

update on the other side of my heart

I have decided to become public.  We are trying for baby number 2.  Gosh that still doesn't sound right, my first 2 babies were the twins.  Owen is my baby number 3 and unfortunately right before Mother's day, we had an early miscarriage.  So, we are trying for #5? pregnancy #4? or basically take home baby number 2....what a screwed up mind blowing thing.

Ok, information overload about to begin.  So, skip to the bottom if you just want to see cute baby face pictures.

I stopped breastfeeding Owen back around the holidays so that hopefully my period would return.  It did as soon as the milk dried up.  We tried without any medical assistance, but no such luck.  Then, I tried what was our miracle drug for Owen.  Clomid.

Cycle 1 (Dec 27th): Clomid 50 mg; CDs 3-7.  BFN 36 days.
Cycle 2 (Feb 1st): Clomid 50 mg; CDs 3-7.  BFN 29 days.
Cycle 3 (Mar 3rd): Clomid 100 mg; CDs 3-7. BFN 31 days.
Cycle 4 (Apr 3rd): Clomid 100 mg; CDs 3-7.  Positive Pregnancy Test, line grows fainter.  1st beta 21, 2nd Beta 6, Chemical Pregancy.  31 days.
Cycle 5 (May 5th): no drugs, break cycle to try on our own. 36 days, BFN.
Cycle 6 (Jun 10th): 150 mg; CDs 3-7.  IUI on CD 16.  BFN.  I am still waiting on AF to show.  POAS is neg. 

Yesterday after seeing my BFN, I decided to call a RE.  I had currently been monitored at my OBGYN's office.  Lucky for me they had a cancellation for TODAY.  My wonderful in-laws kept Owen for 3 hours while I drove 50 minutes to meet with the Dr.  

I am so glad we are making this move to a RE.  He asked all the right questions, listened to my thoughts our history.  Agreed that I don't ovulate.  Said that they never do clomid, due to the side effects and poor results.  He, also, thought we didn't need to do the IUI right now.  The boy stuff is getting where it needs to be...we just need to have a good ovulation so that it will work.  He did run a few blood work tests, including thyroid check, repeated the AMH and the last one I can't remember but something to see if my hormone level was still raised from breastfeeding.  That it could still be raised and if so it could throw my whole cycle off!  I didn't even know that this existed.  They said it should be about 5 days to get those results.  He said we could do a repeat HSG, but he didn't think we needed to but wanted to offer it to me.  I agreed that since my recent chemical pregnancy the pipes work (so to speak).

I was given the option of 3 different medication routes. When he was talking they were all a blur.  Then we began discussing cost and also the fact that my drive was almost an hour.  We chose an injectable cycle that once they see how I am reacting to the meds they will send me home to my husband.  NO IUI!  This route will hopefully save me a couple trips out of town, but will also give me the best chance at getting pregnant for the money.  Then he had his staff look into which medication was covered by our insurance (saving us $$!!) and gave us some samples!  Yippee for freebies!

Thursday I will go for a class to learn all about how to give the shots and they will get my prescriptions ordered.  They will most likely be mailed to me.  So, now we wait for AF.  I am ready to get this ball rolling.

Ok, if you know me in real life.  I don't mind the comments on here. I actually prefer them because I know who is actually knowing my business.  If you know me or don't know me I would appreciate your prayers.  I truly believe that this will not happen if it isn't His timing.  I am just hoping and praying this is His way.  (I don't want to get into a big religious discussion on here).  God created me with the desire to be a mother.  Chris and I have always wanted 3 children.  Right now we are so thankful for Owen, the true miracle and joy of our life right now.  We really have the desire for him to have the blessing of a sibling.  Somehow someway this will happen.  I have hope again.

And the part of my heart that lives outside of my body:
Cousin Jullian

in a firetruck

at the outlets with Gracyn, he bought her a cookie what a sweet boy!

sweating in the summer sun

these 2 at 16 are going to be trouble!  Owen is a little older so he will be driving first, oh no!



6 comments:

  1. Yay!! I wish you the best as you start this journey again! I am so glad you switched to an RE as well. Sounds like a great doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, SO excited for you guys! We've also been discussing when to start TTC #2 (technically #3), and are thinking maybe beginning of next year sometime.
    Sorry you've already had to go through the Clomid cycles but so glad you changed to an RE and sounds as though he's given you some really good options.
    Sending prayers & thoughts your way, please keep us posted:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy. Glad to hear you are still optimistic :) Best wishes and sending you prayers from MN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited you guys are trying again. I can't believe Owen is so big already. It seems time has just flown by. I'll be thinking about you and praying everything goes well. We don't get to start trying again til around October. I don't want to wait, but doctor's orders. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear from you! Good luck with TTC #2!! Owen is such a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to be able to go through this next journey with you. In "His" time you will have a take home #2 and #3. I like the doctor just from your description. And I love your description of Owen:) Prayers going up now...

    ReplyDelete