Thursday, February 27, 2014

Jesse: 5 months

Well, we FINALLY had his 4 month well check up about 5 days before he turned 5 months.  I had scheduled Owen's 3 year well at the same time so it had to be after the 11th for insurance reasons and then we got SNOW.  Boy did we get snow!

Owen and Jesse both enjoyed the snow, though the 3 year old loved it more!

At Jesse's well visit I was told he was perfect.  Yup, I knew that! The only thing he isn't doing is rolling.  He can but I guess he doesn't have the motivation to do it.  Dr. B said he seemed very chill and so this is probably why he isn't rolling yet.  I am not too worried because he is trunk and body tone are great according to the Dr!   We are so in love with this new little man, my little J as I find myself calling him sometimes!  Right now as I am typing this at the dining room table, he is squeaking and playing on the playmat on the floor.  He hands at grasping things are getting better and better. I can see him look at something and then his hand will go to it and if the item is large enough he will grasp it!  He got his 4 month shots and it was a little rough for about 36 hours.  He did need some extra sleep taking a killer nap from 2-5:30, nursed and ate some cereal and then cried out so much we put him back to bed and he slept pretty great all night just needing to nurse a few times.  I could tell his legs were hurting him and he did have a mild fever.  I also noticed that the bottom teeth are starting to come in.  Little white pressure buds under the gums are HURTING my baby.

Jesse is such a happy baby.  We have had some sleep issues, but now that we are committed to tummy sleeping he will go down without a peep to his naps.  Our night time isn't the greatest, but last night was better.  He went to bed at 8pm, dreamfeed at 11pm, then nursed again at 4am and cried for me at 5:30am but we left him and not even a minute he was back asleep till 7:30am!  I can handle that!

Jesse has dropped the bottle or I should say we only have done the bottle about 10 times and the last time he didn't take any from it at all.  It was a bit rough and Mommy had to come home early from her girls game night.  Its ok, this just seems to be what my babies do.  Hopefully, he will learn to drink from a straw at around 6 months like Owen did.  We have started some solids, so far just cereal and bananas.  He likes to eat, but when the spoon hits those tender gums it is OVER!  I fear Jesse is going to have a harder times teething than Owen.  Time for the teething gel and tablets.

Jesse LOVES to watch his big brother Owen.  He will laugh and smile whenever Owen gives him the least bit attention!  Owen loves him too.  Owen just is 3 and Jesse isn't very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment