Friday, July 23, 2010

1st OB apt today and 10 wk belly pic

So, Chris and I piled in our cars today and headed to the doctor's office.  We knew in advance that we should be hearing the heartbeat so there was some excitement and some apprehensiveness too.  After being thoroughly, examined my Dr brought out the doppler and began looking for lil spark's heartbeat.  She forewarned us that it might take a few minutes at this stage of gestation.  At first she was talking to us and looking....then she became more focused and started moving to different locations on my belly......she searched......and moved around some more......and then after 5 minutes of this she said, well I am not going to let you leave without hearing the heartbeat, lets get you an ultrasound.  At this point, I was gripping Chris' hand with death grip.  All those emotions from our "other" ultrasound kept creeping back into my heart.  I don't like ultrasounds, even though out of the 5 only one has been bad it was so bad and changed my life.  I just can't live through that again.

So, I threw on my clothes to then be lead to a waiting room with babies and largely pregnant women.  Chris did his best to distract me asking me random questions about work.  Thankfully, they called us back to the room in about 2 minutes that felt like 10 and I popped up on the table and the tech found the heartbeat right away.  That was a beautiful flicker and then the music to our ears' whoosh whoosh whoosh!!  171 beats per minute, and tears of pure joy!  She took a measurement and our lil spark is right on track exactly 10 weeks!!!  Thank the Lord for this baby.  So, here is lil spark again!  This time you can see the arm and a leg with a bent knee!!! I know it is just a blob, but it is so beautiful.  I wish the print out quality was as good as seeing it on the screen, much more detail there! 

Ok so here is sparkle from the outside, really should I be showing this early?


14 comments:

  1. congrats on your rainbow! i'm glad your first ob appt went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, so happy for you guys:)

    and yes...you can be showing already; once your abdominal muscles have stretched through previous pregnancies, they just kind of "give way" to any encouragement after that.

    happy thoughts for you!

    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your little spark is beautiful. I'm so happy for you. 10 weeks already! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwweeee.....I predict a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah! you look beautiful!!! I think it is a girl...fyi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! The heartbeat really is the best sound in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! I've been following your blog since I lost my daughter and am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for behaving on the ultrasound lil spark!! You just wanted mommy and daddy to be able to see you again didn't you??? Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!! I am soooooo happy for you & your dh. This is such great news. AND you look fabulous. I think you usually show early in a 2nd pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for 10 weeks and yay for seeing your baby - he or she looks so cute - I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look gorgeous!!!! Congrats again, I am so happy for you guys. Im predicting a girl too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woot! Congrats! Ive followed you for a while now! So happy for you too! I predict girl as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great photos to see! And a very cute blob you have in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY!!! That is the most beautiful thing in the world!

    I've been going through ultrasound hell as well. It's amazinghow something I used to want so badly now scares the bejeezus out of me.

    ReplyDelete