the tale of two woman destined to become friends during the most difficult times:
This is Ashely. Isn't she gorgeous?
We met online when we were both going through infertility and the common bond lead to finding out we had more in common than we would ever have dreamed. It all started on the old trouble trying to conceive chat board, then we began reading each others blogs. This was over 2 years ago. Ashley was wicked excited when we announced we were having twins and continued to be a supportive friend, eventually we swapped emails and then we were really in trouble. Who knew it would lead to this friendship we have today. The emails led to text messages and then one day Ashely asked if it would be ok if she called me. Thus started our once a week phone calls on our commutes home. That first phone conversation was a whirl wind and I ended up sitting in my car in the drive way for an extra 30 minutes!
A couple of months later we realized that we would be within 2 hours driving distance of one another and we HAD to get together! It couldn't have worked out more perfect that Charlotte was on their way to the beach and just so happened that it was on our way to the beach too! So.....
Here we are at Sticky Fingers, Ashely's husband's favorite restaurant that Chris and I had never been too!! We ate great food, talked none stop and overall just had a great evening! Our darling hubbies hit it off too! Not that we were worried!
The picture with us all together was blurry, but that just means we have to get together again......and I just BOOKED FLIGHTS TO BOSTON for the end of August!!!!!!
Ash and Pat we are wicked excited and can't wait to see yall again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ETA: If you want to check out Ashley here is her lovely blog: MAGMC
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



How awesome is that?! I am happy to see something good come from IF. How fantastic will that be when you guys get to have playdates together! :O)
ReplyDeleteyall, PAT AND I couldn't be more excited to have such great IRL friends and to have you as houseguests for a weekend! WICKED excited! woot woot!
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome Jeanna! That is such a cool story about how ya'll got together over the blogs and can relate to each other even though you're so far away. I can't tell you how many great women I've met on baby/mom blogs. It's like a big sorority of women on the Internet. (We know something about sororities. He he!) I've been thinking about you an Chris a lot lately. Especially after your last post. I'm sending hugs and prayers your way!
ReplyDeleteAmy
That is an awesome story! Love Ashley, she was super helpful and supportive in my move to NY with my husband.
ReplyDeleteNot at all surprised you two hit it off...y'all are both such lovely ladies and I bet you had so much fun together!
ReplyDeleteLove hearing stories like this!
Thank you all for your sweet comments about me. You all are like sisters on here. You are such amazing women in so many different ways! xoxo Ashely
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome. You know, you and I are not that far either! ahem...*winks*
ReplyDeleteAwww, I feel like my two friends just met. Now if only I could meet you guys ;)
ReplyDelete