Last night, we hosted what I hope to be many large family dinners at our new homestead. We had a great birthday dinner for a wonderful 71 year old man that I am lucky enough to call my father-in-law. There was grilled chicken, corn on the cobb, salad, sweet and regular potatoes, burned bread (Chris did marry his mom in some ways!) and followed it up with a marbled cake and ice cream! We headed out to our patio and all talked and laughed into the dark. The kids had a great time rollerblading and skateboarding on our flat paved driveway. I was excited to share some of my childhood young adult books with my nieces, the Mandie series and Sunnyside Camp.
So, I have to tell you about the conversation I had with Issy our youngest of the "Gary's Girls".
me: "Issy, how old are you now?"
Issy: "I am 5" (holding up a hand showing five fingers)
me~teasing voice: "I thought you were 2, weren't you just born yesterday?"
Issy~very serious: "No, I was born a long time ago at least 10 years."
Me and Debbie just couldn't help but laugh!! So cute!!
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


LOL! This post is hilarious! :)
ReplyDeleteI just came across your blog and glad I did. I'm so sorry for the loss of your twins. How amazing that you got a BFP shortly after their due date. I feel their spirit is alive in your little peanut. You're a remarkable woman to have gone through what you have.
I'm now following your blog and looking forward to reading more posts!
~Bobbi @ www.thejohnsonsjourney.com
Too funny! Looks like a great get together!!
ReplyDeleteaww that is too funny! good story! :)
ReplyDelete