Friday, August 13, 2010

Lil Spark: 13 weeks

2nd trimester here I am...in 3 days!!!


The one perfect little peach!  Baby center dot com: "Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long and weighs nearly an ounce."

  
How far along: 13 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: not sure, and don't care!
Maternity clothes: wearing maternity clothes and some of my post twin pregnancy clothes
Stretch marks: none that weren't there before the pregnancy!
Sleep: tossing and turning from side to side and sleeping a lot on my back
Best moment this week:   When Chris said "you are really starting to show"!  Ironically, this happened with the twins pregnancy and this pregnancy about the same time! This morning after taking the picture he said I looked huge!  I admit it, I like it....but he doesn't even know what huge is!
Gender: still counting down the days till September 22nd (see ticker on right top), but I was 100% girl until my dream the other night, now I am undecided. 
Belly button in or out?: In, but it is wider and not as deep
Craving: Not craving anything really, just hungry all the time and still somewhat nauseous.  I think my 2nd trimester heartburn is about to make an appearance; right now it is still manageable.
What I miss: I still miss the joy of the first pregnancy.  I miss the walking around glowing feeling.  Don't get me wrong I love this baby and I am excited, but it is different.  I think it is that I've been burned and now the doubts creep into my heart and create a pity party in there.  Get out doubt and pity you are not welcome anymore! 

What I am looking forward to:  Our 2nd OB appointment next week on the 19th.  
Milestones: 2nd trimester is big enough for me right now! Lets just let this thing called time flying by!

Ok, so here we all are at glorious 13 weeks:

7 comments:

  1. thinking about you! hope you are feeling great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoop whoop here is to the 2nd trimester! :) you do look officially pregnant is this picture! cute baby belly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the baby bump. Can't wait to see you and Chris (and the baby bump) in 2 weeks from this minute (10:18AM) woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! You are just as adorable as ever with a peach belly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear things are going well for you...I understand how second pregnancy after a loss is just not the same...always have that loss in the back of your mind:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your my number 40:) Very Cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look precious! Keep up the good work, mama :)

    ReplyDelete