Monday, August 16, 2010

lil spark's exciting weekend including his/her first present!

This past weekend was really great.  We got a few house projects done and lil spark got a present! 

Friday night was family fun night and we headed over to Chris' brother's house to celebrate our 2 nephews.  Josh was headed to college the next morning and the Matt was celebrating a birthday.  Over all, the night was filled with good food, fellowship and cake!  I had made Josh a care package to take to college consisting of:  hershey kisses, lots of sugary hard candy, gum, bandaids, triple antibiotic cream, lysol, some snacks and other random stuff that would fit into a small tupperware/shoe box.  I think he really liked it as he FB messaged me that after his family left on Saturday he broke out some of the hershey kisses!   Josh is a great kid, super smart and is going to do GREAT at college...even though we will miss him being nearby; Campbell U is not too far away!

Saturday morning Chris and I slept in. I actually woke up at 8 ready to get up, but Chris got me snuggling on his shoulder and I fell back asleep till 9, it was wonderful!  We got up and ate breakfast and got working on some small house projects.  Chris hung the light at the bottom of the stairs and it looks SO GOOD! 

By early Saturday afternoon, we quickly showered and hit the road to Raleigh.  We were meeting up with Mom and Tommy to go to the new N.C. Muse.um of A.rt. 

I forgot my camera but check out a few of the sites we saw courtesy of goo.gle.

The exterior now has more grass.


 Here is the ceiling that diffuses the light, keeping out the harmful UV rays, but letting in the wonderful natural light.

This is how the whole place felt...open and airy not stuffy and overwhelming, that art on the back wall is a huge metal quilt, I wish I had an up close picture of it. Guess I will just have to go back!


Here is the Rodin exhibit that flows out into the garden

 
I think the building was my favorite part (I am my mother's daughter).  There was even a few Monet paintings, that Chris and I enjoyed looking at too. 

Saturday Evening:  After a great day we headed back to Tommy's where we ate an amazing dinner of shish ka bobs: pineapple, mushrooms, chicken, filet, tomatoes, red bell peppers hot off the grill ~ Chris will show you his burns it was so hot! 

Before dinner Mom gave Lil Spark a new book and read it to the new mommy and baby! 

Sorry for the horrible picture quality, but it is truly a very sweet story!  I think the men thought it was funny that she read it to me...but we didn't care one bit!  I can't wait to read this to a little squirming baby!  We finally got home about 10pm and I was exhausted, but content after a great day!

Sunday morning/afternoon we headed to one of our favorite places, Graham Friends (our church).  Then off to an awesome lunch at Crackle Barrel.  Get the new campfire beef or chicken it is AWESOME!

Judy (Chris' mom) and Sara (my sister) came by to see the finished look of our house and I think both were very impressed.  It was nice to have visitors for a little bit....Sara is the best she talked to me while I ran around cleaning, making beds, and doing laundry!

Sunday evening was chicken enchiladas, cleaning and laundry.  Chris even worked on setting up his office in the basement.  Right before bed we caved and used our doppler again, 157 whoosh whoosh.....I love starting the week off right clean house and my favorite music!!  

Stay tuned Lil Spark has the 2nd OB appointment on Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. i've seen research that says babies can hear in utero at 16 weeks...you can start reading lil spark that book soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea:) you can borrow my "love you forever" book too! come to think of it i'll just get lil spark his/her own copy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend. I love that building and the skylights are amazing. I would also be distracted by the architecture and lose track of the art! That book is too cute!

    ReplyDelete