Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day: truely a laborus day

Is it being a new mom?  Is it because I am home most of my day?  But I feel like I can't get everything done.  I feel like there is always more I could be doing.  I could list out about 10-15 responsibilities that I have very quickly, then I could list just as many items that need doing, projects for Owen, projects for the house, cleaning and organizing.  Seriously, the list is endless.  Sometimes, I start one thing and then it leads to 5 other things.

For example:, today I wanted to put away the pj's my mom got Owen, sounds simple right....get the carters bag out of the living room!
  • I go to hang his clothes up in his closet, but find that it is overflowing with clothes that are too small or out of season
  • so I needed a box to save his clothes in 
  • so I had to go into the basement (here is where I see all the other projects that are haunting me)
  • I wanted a large plastic container like I have put his other clothes in, but didn't have an empty one, but there was a "Jeanna: winter scarves & purses" bin that has been in the way.
  • So up to the living room where I sorted thru that container that hasn't been opened in 2 years.
  • Then I had to get a bag for the items to donate
  • Then I had to put the items I wanted to keep in my bedroom (they still need to be put away...)
  • Finally I have an empty container, so back to Owen's room I go!
  • The container is full before I can blink, but I decide that is enough for one day.
  • But while I am at it I went ahead and did some other organizing in his closet.
  • Now there is a few random things on the floor, but for the most part it is cleared out.
  • I still need to label the rubber bin and take down to the basement.
 Are you bored yet reading all that?  Seriously, I feel like everyday is a little like this.  I have been trying to keep on task, but it is hard too. I guess it goes back to my ADD that they said I had when I was young.

BUT to make myself feel better I should say the other things I tackled today:
  • Organizing Owen's closet 
  • Cleaning out 1 rubber bin from basement that hadn't been opened in years
  • de-junked the drawer in the hall bath that wouldn't open that was driving me NUTS!
  • did 2 loads of laundry and all of Owen's is put away, just a little of ours is on the bed folded ready to be put away
  • Put dinner into the crockpot and stirred occasionally throughout the day
  • did about 2 hours of items for HES/family business
  • cleaned out email inbox
  • read a little from my book (got to have some reward time in my day!)
  • blogged 2 entrys about Owen!!!
  • boxed up pictures that are going to be mailed off to be scanned! (major on going project and I am sick of seeing the boxes sitting around my sunroom!) 

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this post. Part of being a Mom is just having no time for things anymore, I know that, but it's hard to take that in stride. I'm actually okay with it because I like being a home-body. But yeah, I need to come up with a task list for my weeks. Nothing gets done unless I have a check list. Plus I only have from 4pm-on at home so my time for tasking is precious. Most days I just say "Whatever!" and hang out with Corinne:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I am amazed you can list it all. I don't have time to do what I want/need, but I can't even remember what those things are a few minutes after I move on to my next thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanna, seriously, you have WAY more done than I ever do in a day. ;-) I feel like I can never get it all done. It stinks. Sometimes I just say "forget it" and have fun with Charlotte. ;-)

    ReplyDelete