Next up was cleaning up my old childhood books-
Little Golden Books
Dr. Seuss
Disney Books
Some books that were my moms...Owen's Neanna's Books!
The problem is they were dusty and smelled horrible they had that mildew STINK. After scouring the internet I think I found my solution!
First, I wiped the books with one of those prewet disposable wipes.
Then, I tried the microwave trick, its goal is to remove the moisture and therefore the stink....well, little golden books do have some metal in that gold finish! So they make some crazy sparks if you are not careful. Big fat FAIL!
Success came when I did the following:
place dryer sheets between the pages of each book
put the books into gallon freezer bags
put the bags in the freezer for a week
took them out of the bags and put into the sun for an afternoon
I am amazed that they now don't stink like mildew....maybe a little too much like laundry, but they are definitely up to par for my standard of acceptable smelliness!


Awesome! I see I Love You Forever in there. I canNOT get through that book without crying.
ReplyDelete