Monday, January 23, 2012

time to get serious

So, when Chris and I first got married we had combined a nice amount of credit card debt.  Thankfully, neither of us had college loans or car payments so we were ahead of most.  We luckily found Dave Ramsey and his amazing book The Total Money Makeover, if you haven't read it you will find it is the best $ you will ever spend!  LONG story short we sold stuff, we didn't go out to eat, we had friends over instead of going out and we paid off that credit card debt and saved up an AMAZING emergency fund.

That emergency fund came in handy when we had to pay off the medical bills from our twins birth.  Then it came in handy when our car needed tires, then it came in handy when I got laid off from my job and helped pay the bills.   Well, now as you can imagine it is almost gone and the gazelle is coming back out and we need some extra cash.

So, I started a little blog (http://declutteringtherandomness.blogspot.com/) and I am going to sell some stuff on there, if you know of someone that is wanting to throw a little man baby shower I have a great kit that we just used that is up for sale!

There will be little boy clothes up soon too!




2 comments:

  1. I love Dave Ramsey. I listen everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you could open it up to your friends to sell crap too for a small percentage of the sale...and or trade items.

    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete