I have never understood why used toys always had pieces missing. Don't those mom's do a major sweep of their playroom looking for those pieces? I do know that I keep my house more clutter free than most so I guess I had this unrealistic vision that "I wouldn't lose ANY of my sons toys!" Haha! I get it now...its not that the mom's don't look EVERYWHERE for that little ball, small plastic shape or last puzzle piece. It is because the child takes a liking to that toy and drags it all over the house, throws it down the stairs, shoves it in the couch cushions and hides it in basically any spot. I can imagine eventually Owen throwing toys away and I not knowing about it.
This morning I went on a search for the ball for our ball popper.
This is what I found: a toy coin for his piggy bank, the piece of mail for his mailbox and a board book under a chest. Take one guess what I didn't find...the green ball I was looking for.
Anyway, I get it now...just saying.
Hehehe, I managed to keep all of the balls to our popper for 2 years...until they recently have all magically disappeared (like our remote, which I'm pretty sure that Grant threw in the trashcan!) Our coins on the other hand were long gone a WHILE ago!
ReplyDeleteLOL!!! Sigh. Yes. I TRY to not lose toys. I clean them up as she goes and do a wrap-up every night putting things in their "proper" place... I do that for two reasons: 1) I am a neatnick most likely with OCD and 2) I like to think that for Corinne it's like finding her toys all over again the next day or at least comforting that they're always where she can find them. Anyway. She has stacking cups and I cannot for the life of me find the smallest cup. Which is green. I still remember and still keep an eye out for it and it's been gone for at least nine months. And the Rock-a-Stack white pole with the colored donuts that go around and make a cone. I have NO idea where the top red ring is. No. Idea. I've even held off putting it in storage for Juliet because I know once I do it will turn up again. I finally did tonight so it's funny to read this now. And srsly?! BOTH are top pieces. The one you see the most. Argh! But I have a theory as to their whereabouts: They are in the landfill with... her diapers. Once I caught her rolling a Little People person into the Diaper Champ right after she learned how to turn the crank. Momm and Dadd said I used to "clean up" when I was little. Clean up equaled throwing things away in my little mind. My specialty was wallets and keys. Whoopsie!
ReplyDeletethe orange mail!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteyup a favorite around here!
DeleteOne of the lessons I'm learning myself. The joy of scattered toys. I'm surprised some mother didn't snatch my rolling eyes out long before now...but they probably did what I am now doing at those who roll their eyes at me "sigh, one day she will know the truth." LOL
ReplyDelete