Thursday, March 29, 2012

Owen is a picky eater

We tried to give him a variety of foods to avoid this situation, but I knew he was predestined to be a picky eater as Chris and I are both picky. My mom said I used only eat Cheerios and pinto beans.

Owen loves some fried food, basically any kind of starch and corn bread!! Tonight I was reading a baby cookbook borrowed from a friend and found some great ideas that I am planning on trying:

  • sweet potato sticks
  • carrot fries (baked)
  • tuna salad no pickles (he liked this at his Grandmommy's)
  • hummus
  • salmon patties
  • frittatas mixing in different veggies
  • veggie pancakes
  • baby burritoes
  • eggs
Tonight I made: Spinach Pancakes

I didn't really use a recipe, but here is kinda what I did.  I followed the box recipe, then I added cooked frozen spinach, and some potato flakes.  Fried it up! Here's what it looked like:







SUCCESS

1 comment:

  1. They're so funny sometimes. Noah will like something one day and make faces at it the next day. He's a big gagger so anything that has a texture he's not used to makes him gag, and he even knows how to make himself throw up! We've learned to keep an empty bowl handy just in case! He seems to like finger foods off OUR plates but not if it's cut up especially for him. Little buggers!

    ReplyDelete