So, I am starting a garden. YIKES!
Here are the seeds I started:
Winter squash, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, green beans, watermelon, cantaloupes, 4 kinds of tomatoes, assorted bell peppers, cilantro, basil, oregano and chives.
Does anyone have an good garden blogs or websites? I am so overwhelmed already and they are just little tiny plants in my kitchen window......
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Your window looks like ours, but we planted our first starts about a month ago. Similar crops, too! (Um... so I learned in a recent gardening class that winter squash has it's name for a reason. I live in the desert, so my awesome winter squash blossoms may not end up turning into much around here. You may want to see what's possible in your area.)
ReplyDeleteI'm in a local gardening group on Facebook and someone just posted this site yesterday. I haven't checked it out yet (no idea where the author is), but maybe it will help.
Of course, it will help a heck of a lot more if I actually post the darned site. :+)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Backyard-Diva/117483991696529
Also, in the gardening class I took recently, the order of things is this:
*Determine the location.
*Test the soil and figure out if you need amendments.
*Make sure you have irrigation of some sort.
*Seed selection.
We are operating more like this:
*Seed selection and planting.
*Determine location.
*Get really frustrated with our wackadoodle sprinkler stations.
*Soil testing/preparation.
*Build planters.