Monday, May 7, 2012

time truly flies

Owen will be 15 months in 4 short days!  But, I have two memories I just can't chance forgetting.

Yesterday evening we had Chris' family over for a birthday dinner.  Owen was allowed to stay up late, his Matt Matt, Hannah, Grandmommy and Grandaddy keep him very busy!   At about 8:30pm, I was sitting on the floor when he crawled into my lap and laid his head on my shoulder.  I turned to our family and said "I guess its bed time!"  Everyone laughed and gave Owen a kiss goodnight and off to bed he went.

Then tonight I put Owen down to bed at his normal 7:30pm.  He played for a while and then was quiet.  At about 9ish he started making a funny "eh....eh...eh!"  I checked the video monitor and he was just sitting in his crib.  After about 10 minutes I decided to check on him (never know when a poop will strike).  Thankfully, the diaper was still clean and as I was holding him he laid his head on my shoulder again.  So, I grabbed his woombie and sat down in the rocker with his belly facing me.  He laid his head on my shoulder and just started whispering and telling me all his secrets.  I kissed his head, tucked his hair behind his ear, thanked the Lord for this precious gift.

I guess he needed a snuggle with Mommy, Mommy always needs these snuggles.  He patted my arm, hugged my neck and gave me the best ending to my day.


1 comment: