Monday, September 3, 2012

Potty Training has begun sort of.

So, we were not planning on potty training at age 17 months, but little man has shown interest!  I have always been really vocal with him, telling him "mommy is pee-peeing on the potty"  etc.  So, about a month ago he started peeing in the tub while standing up.  He saw it and started laughing and he figured out how to start and stop the flow; little boy giggling was contagious!  I, of course, cheered him on!

I am impressed by him, but then IT happened.  Because he was getting so much attention when he peed that he started doing it on the changing table!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  He hasn't peed on the changing table since a month old! 

So, we bought two froggy potties and thought we would see what would happen.  I told him this is Owen's potty.  This is your potty to pee pee on!  You tell mommy when you need to pee pee.

And low and behold the golden stream happened the first day we had the potty!

So, we have had the potty for 9 days now and he has peed at least once a day if not twice!  I will admit I am sort of a proud mama.

Now, I don't have delusions of underwear in our near future opposed to diapers.  But, we are one step closer!

Now, that we are almost to 19 months he has lost all interest.  Oh well.  Mommy's not ready for him to be potty trained!

2 comments:

  1. Funny, our 22 month started wanting to pee in the potty this weekend. Four times yesterday. Not sure if we are going with it or not yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte rocked it (pee & poop) in the first couple of weeks when we bought the potty at 18 months. Then she sort of fell off the wagon. She's 22 months now. We are gonna go hard-core potty training at 2.

    ReplyDelete