Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Background Nov 2011-2012

After the birth of our son we thought it wouldn't be easy to get pregnant again, but we didn't think it would be this hard.

I did five cycles of clomid ending the fifth with a chemical pregnancy.  I was pregnant for 6 days.  Those 6 days were full of worry and hope.  I was so excited that I ordered Owen a big brother t-shirt.  A shirt that he is now about to out grow and is the wrong season.

The 6th cycle of clomid we added in an IUI, but to no avail we were still not pregnant.  At this point we decided it was time to move to an RE instead of just our OBGYN.

At the RE's office he was very positive   I have been pregnant 3 times, so he felt "it was just a lets get a good ovulation and we will get you pregnant".  

After 3 months of monitoring, injections, blood work and heartache we ended up still not pregnant.  Chris and I headed back to the RE, we were and still are in disbelief that IVF is our next option.

I feel like we have now spent a year and so much money trying to get pregnant that it is time to keep moving forward, but it is SO much money.

At the RE's office he discussed doing an HSG to double check that my tubes were in fact open.  So, it was scheduled and preformed.  At the HSG my tubes were found to be open, but they thought I had a growth in the uterus possibly a polyp.  Another test was ordered this time a saline u/s that showed nothing.  This was a mixed blessing.  On one hand if there had been a polyp I would have had to have surgery to remove it, but it could have been the reason for not getting pregnant.  On the other hand, I didn't want to have surgery, but we are still confused to why we are not pregnant.

So that leaves you caught up to today.  I am on the schedule to start IVF Nov. 15th.  This is the class where we get our schedule, pay $10k to start and order meds.

I am scare out of my mind to spend this money and it not work.  How can I live my life without another perfect human being made of my husband and me on this earth? I look at my son and I know how wonderful another child would be. That I know I could do it and I know my dear son would love having siblings in his life like I have loved having them in mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment