Saturday, October 12, 2013

Jesse's Birth Part 2


After getting stitched up and Chris held him for a while, before we attempted nursing.  I pretty much remembered the correct holds and latches and I also remembered Owen's bad latch and YUP baby boy Jesse has the same little mouth.  I was kicking myself in the butt for not bringing the nipple shield or top hat as we called it that I used with Owen for 3 weeks.

Once we got settled in our new room, I asked the nurse.  "When can we go home?"  She looked at me surprised.  I guess others must want to stay in the hospital, but not me.  I hate the bed, I hate being woken up from precious little sleep to get checked, or Jesse to be weighed/hearing test/blood sugar's ran/ etc.  The list goes on and on.

It was amazing how quickly I was able to get up and moving. I am not going to lie, I was in PAIN.  But it was different pain and much less than a c/s.  The c/s I was stuck in bed for over 12 hours.  The VBAC I was up in a few and ready to move around a little so my back, legs and butt didn't get as soar.  The bed was comfy at first compared to the Labor and Delivery bed, but by the time I left it felt like concrete.

daddy buckling him up
ready to go home
Owen took a ride with Mommy
same outfit that Owen wore and it was WAY too big this time again!

No comments:

Post a Comment