Sunday, January 19, 2014

Jesse: 4 months

Wow, my little smiley happy baby!  You are so adorable.  Everyone tells us so!  You are just like Owen in so many ways! You have the sweetest spirit and are so go with the flow.  You like Owen only cry if you are wet, tired or hungry.  You do fuss a little when you want us to sit you up...I am thinking that you don't realize that you are still a little baby and you want to be big/grown already!

Sleep.  Oh 4 month sleep regression....I loath thee.  You were doing so great sleeping till 6am and now all of a sudden you feel the need to get up in the middle of the night. I had been feeding you, but after a couple of nights when you barely nursed one side I decided you are waking out of habit not hunger.  I did have to make sure it wasn't a growth spurt, but I am pretty sure it is because you don't get as scheduled naps during the day as Owen did.  You have an older brother who has school and we need to run errands, go to doctors, and play dates.  I fear mommy is suffering sleep recently due to our packed calendar!

We did the unthinkable. First I decided that you didn't like the swaddle and then I decided to try you on your belly while you were sleeping. Oh the world of difference this makes. I think you are like my family and can't breath out of your nose when sleeping on your back, you now go down without a peep for naps! It is a miracle.  Thankfully we have an angel care monitor and this keeps me from worrying too much about you. 

You have found your hands and they are fascinating to you!  You are starting to grab at things and even grasping items sometimes!  You popped your paci into your mouth several times one day too, but it was really just luck because it hadn't fallen too far from your mouth.  I love how you suck on your hands trying to figure them out and use the other hand to hold the first one in your mouth almost as if you don't trust it to stay where you want it!

Your face lights up when you see me.  Daddy tells me that you watch me walk around the house.  I do have to admit I am your favorite person and I am basking in all the glory of it.  But, you love your Daddy and brother just as much.  You watch Owen play like he is the coolest boy on the planet and you look like you want to jump in and play too!  Baby, stay a baby a little longer!  No need to hurry this growing up business!

You are at least 15 pounds, wearing a size 2 disposable diaper and 3-6 month clothes.  We have had the hugest snow and your well check up visit was canceled. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been following your blog since your pregnancy with the twins and I am just thrilled that you have brought two boys home to love in addition to the two in your heart. Great job, momma :) Soak up the baby sweetness because it doesn't last as long as we wish it would!

    ReplyDelete