There is this amazing community that I have fallen into and become a part of. I can't describe what a support these women are and how they genuinely care about each other. I have found women who have gone through EXACTLY what I have gone through losing twins. There are women who have held their babies during their last breath, women who grieve for babies never conceived. A friend who found out her baby was gone the same day I found out our twins were gone. There are women I have never met that pray for me from all over the US and even Australia. These women are grieving with me, for me, for their own babies. There are women who have never gotten pregnant, who have tried for years who have gone through medications putting their bodies through treatments over and over again. Then there are the women who have learned to live after losing their babies. And of course the women who have lived through all this and have succeeded, have won the lottery. Women who I have cheered when that pee stick turned pink with double lines! The women who have finally conceived and birthed a live precious baby. Women who I have followed through their pregnancy, rejoicing when their baby arrived healthy and whole. Women who I have prayed for as their babies have been high risk or premature births. Women who decided that adoption was the next step, that a biological child didn't have to be the only way to love.
Tonight, I had the pleasure of speaking with one of my new friends for almost an hour we didn't take a breath as we shared verbally what we had been sharing though our blogs the past year. We were able to connect in a way that other women may never understand. Ashley, thank you sweet lady. I wish you all the best in this next step in your journey and can't wait to get the call when you get your baby. June is going to ROCK!!!
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What an amazing, inspiring post. Thank you for sharing that. These communities really are special. I'm so glad that you were able to connect with someone like that. I hope you continue to do that. Thanks for sharing everything in your life.
ReplyDeleteHey Jeanna, you put all of this into better words than I...June is going to rock, and I can't wait! :)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet. Posts like this keep bringing me back to blogging, even when I don't have much to say, because its my release whether people read it or not and those friends we meet who share our stories, make me stronger.
ReplyDeleteYou make me stronger.
you are so funny bc i came home yesterday with a fistful of recipes LOL
ReplyDeleteoh man i guess we try to fill our lives in the only way we know how! thank yo for all the lovely support lately. it means a lot to me. i wish you didnt know exactly how i feel :o(
That is wonderful that you two got to talk!Sometimes it seems that bump and blogger friends are easier to talk to (or at least understand better) than IRL ones--crazy, huh? I'm so thankful for all of you ladies!
ReplyDelete