This was given to me 3 weeks after delivering the twins by a women who lost her twin boys 11 years ago. She has kept this stone near her for all these years and now has given it to me. She says I need it more than she does. What a reminder of the good in this world, the giving and strength of women.
I am keeping it in our memory box, inside the pocket my mother-in-law handmade with the tiny footprints that were taken at the hospital. My babies footprints were about the size of this little stone, but they left a mark upon my heart.


what a lovely gift that was certainly from her heart. this post made me cry. i miss my babies so much and i know and can't bear that you and others have to feel the same way...
ReplyDeleteHow incredibly sweet of that woman. It's a weird world, we all guard ourselves so much and hold everything back. That makes it even more amazing - the caring that can reach you from people in similar situations. ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteThat was so thoughtful and so meaningful. I'm glad she passed it on you. I hope it brings you some peace.
ReplyDeleteI want to wish you a Mother's Day greeting. You are a mother, your babes in heaven, but your heart and soul have been shaped by your mothering those boys while they formed within. I know it is not a day you want to face with your broken heart, but it is important to me, a stranger nearly a continent away, to honor you as a mother for all your love and concern and hope for your boys, and for your heart that hurts with their absence. They knew you as mother, every beat of your heart a lullaby to them. MJ
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing gift from a kind soul! Treasure it always and Happy Mother's Day my sweet girl!
ReplyDeleteI hust stumbled upon your blog. My heart goes out to you during all of this. I will continue to pray for you.
ReplyDeletejenn
hey soul sista! I tagged you on my blog. check it out!
ReplyDelete