Monday, April 4, 2011

Owen: 7 weeks

  • You have grown so much this week, daddy and friends have both commented on how big you are getting.
  • We weight you on our home scale with daddy holding you and we think you are about 12 pounds!
  • You are giving us about 4-4.5 hours of sleep and then another 3-3.5 hour stretch.  This makes mommy more human and not a zombie.
  • You crack mommy up when you decide to poop in the middle of a meal!  Your faces are so funny!  You like to be held, because it looks like it is lot of hard work to get it out.
  • We stopped giving you the gas drops and you seem to be doing fine.  You still have some poots that make you squeal in pain, but most you dont seem to notice though the rest of the house can hear them!
  • You are smiling so big now at us!   It melts our hearts and we cant get enough of them.
  • You have started to squeal the cutest cry when I burp you the first time at each feeding.  It is like you are so impatient...so like me!
  • I think you are about to out grow your newborn diapers and are starting to fit into the best bottom ones and the AIO bumgenius ones.  These are both more trim on your bottom and clothes seem to fit a little better.
  • You still have your hair and I think it is the perfect amount!  People are always commenting on your nice noggin!
  • You have discovered your peepee, you are starting to grab down there!  

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jeanna- You don't know me, but I'm a friend of Sara's and I just wanted to say congrats on Owen! I've been reading along for a while and I'm so happy for you and for Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pic of momma and son! LOL E does the same thing when I burp him too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture - you look great!! Motherhood suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its going by so fast! :) YAY for more sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the updates! So glad everything is going so well! Love the photo of you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow Jeanna! You think he's 12 lbs?! What a big boy! Charlotte is little. She's 5 mos. and 13 lbs. I thought of you today when I wrote this post about cloth diapering. I'm considering it. I'm glad to hear it's going so well for you. Kisses to Owen!

    http://somebodysparents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noah poos while he eats too, it's hilarious to watch. He stretches out his legs and grunts loudly. Those little men of ours!

    ReplyDelete