Monday, August 29, 2011

a moment

I want to remember this moment.


I am completely exhausted.  Owen and I have been going going going! 

A quick recap of the past few days:
  • Saturday:  get up drive to Elysha's house for a wonderful afternoon visit.  Owen slept in his pack-n-play in her wonderfully large pantry!  Then headed to Mom's house for an amazing dinner (roasted chicken, sweet potatoes, cold marinated green beans) and WOW Owen and I had a TON of stuff!
  • Sunday:  get up, drive to Greenville, SC for Weslee's (my cousin) wedding shower, Owen didn't sleep in the car, but did continue his crib tour of the South by sleeping in their crib for about 45 minutes, then we packed it back up and headed back to my mom's.  Owen is exhausted, poor baby the car ride back wasn't fun.  But he did get some good z's in Neanna's crib and his mommy enjoyed another yummy meal!  Hamburgers this time! 
  • Monday:  get up, pack up, meet Gin Gin and Lucy for coffee and chit chats.  Lucy gave Owen a Bible and Gin let us borrow a PraiseBaby DVD!  Owen caught a cat nap till we stopped for gas and then shopped at IKEA.  I got Owen a kid's height table for the chairs we had from my childhood, some mats for the shower so he won't slip and slide and some stuff for Daddy's coffee station that I have been wanting to do FOREVER~!  Then we had to make one more stop to pick up a box of stuff and headed home.  
So, now I am at home.  Listening to the thunder and rain outside.  My feet are up and my son is asleep.   Did I mention that he SQUEALED with JOY when he saw his room?!!   It was hilarious, it was like he was looking all around making sure it was really his room.  He had the hugest grin on his face and patted the wall while I changed his diaper.  Then I nursed him just to make sure he wasn't hungry and put him in his crib.  When I laid him down he squealed and laughed!  Then he started kicking his legs like he does when he is excited to see someone or just happy!  I could barely zip him up in the woombie before he was grabbing at the cloth to suck on (I swear this thing is his lovey~!).

He spent several minutes just chatting happily in his crib.  I think he was telling his room hello and how much he missed it.  Now it has been almost an hour and he fast asleep and this storm is already passing as I am typing this post. 

I just want to remember this moment. 

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had fun in G'ville!! :) You are right, that's my side of the state :) I'm about 30 miles north! If you ever get back down here and have more time, we could try to have a blogger playdate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww the squeal of joy that he was finally home is sooooo adorable!!! What a great way to remember this moment :) Good for you for all the travels with O!

    ReplyDelete