Monday, September 5, 2011

Owen: 6 months

This is so late and thankfully I wrote this closer to his 6 month birthday, but I was waiting to piut pictures in it and now I can't remember which pictures I was going to put in it!! Haha~mommy brain at work so here is our 6 month old.

Wow, seriously am I might have to start ever month like this!  You amaze me Owen, you are already so smart.  This month you have learned so much, here are just some of the highlights:
  • I found your second tooth on the bottom on 8-1, so far you haven't bitten me yet.
  • You love the oatmeal, rice and avocado and are tolerating green beans, squash and rice.  You like a thicker baby food, if it is too thin you gag and spit it back out at me!  You have tried carrots and really don't like them.  I got some in you buy hiding them in rice cereal.  Your Neanna gave you oatmeal and applesauce and you made a face, but seemed to really like it!
  • You are still refusing a bottle, but we have become so quick at nursing together that it usually isn't a problem, except when I need to be somewhere else away from you. But I will give up concerts and get togethers for you my little one!
  • Your daddy likes to make noises and bury his head in your belly to make you laugh!  You will stick your fist in your mouth and squeal!  It melts my heart and I am going to enjoy every minute watching you grow up and love your father.
  • I have found your tickle spots and squeal the word tickle tickle tickle at you and you just laugh and try and squirm away.
  • You had your first trip to Sunset Harbor the Holmes' family beach week.  You did GREAT sleeping in your pack-n-play.  
  • Your biggest weakness is traveling long distances in the car.  We bought you your very own DVD player for your seat and it worked most of the way distracting you, but you wouldn't give it up and go to sleep.
  • One afternoon I had the sweetest time snuggling with you on the bed, we were just laughing and talking to each other.  I started whistling and you tried to copy me!  First you studied me very seriously!  Then you put your lips together and made a raspberry spraying me with some spit!! Then you opened and made an O with your lips.  I was so impress!!  I am just amazed by how smart you are!  To write this down doesn't even come close to how special of a moment it was.  I am so thankful that we have this time together and I hope you will know that I always love you.
  • Your Daddy loves getting you out of the crib, sometimes he doesn't even take time to unzip your woombie because you are so excited to see him!  Each time after a nap you give us the best grins and it makes us know that you know us and we feel so loved.  
  • You are trying so hard to sit up, if you are laying down on your back you will raise your head and shoulders off the ground.  You have started doing this when you know I am going to pick you up too!  It is nice and I tell you thank you for helping mommy!  
  • You make the cutest monkey face when you want solid food.  It lets me know you are ready to eat and if what I made you is gone I know that you are wanting more.  I hope we can get it on camera for you!!
  • This month your body is starting to get as chubby as your cheeks!  Your little legs are turning into hams!  I love it!
  • You have learned to drink out of a straw!  It only took you the second try to get it!  You still suck too hard and choke a little on the water, but Mommy is thinking you will end up skipping the sippy cup.  I can't get you to suck on those yet.  Time will tell!
  • 8/7:   You needed a little help falling asleep tonight so I went in your room and rocked you, as I was holding you and inhaling your smell you became so still and just let me hold you like a little baby.  Thank you for being so sweet, I prayed to God thanking him for you today.  I do this everyday, thanking the Lord for you.  You are so amazingly perfect!  These moments are what I dreamed about all my life as I have waited for you. 
  • At your 6 month check up you weighed 17 pound 11 oz they said you are 65%!  We are so proud of our chunky monkey and she even said you have great muscle tone and a perfect head shape (yes as your mama I worry about even the shape of your head!).


mommy and Owen

daddy and Owen in Daddy's 66 mustang (are you claiming it with one little finger?)

"Mom, what are you and Dad making me do?"

i love this one as he was looking at his mommy!

      1 comment:

      1. I love how you chronicle Owen's life in your posts and you're so diligent about it! It makes me feel less crazy for the elaborate posts I still do, lol! I think we love being moms, no? Your family portraits are stunning and Owen is such a little man in his straw hat! Love!

        ReplyDelete