Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Owen: 10 months

love this face


Schedule: 
You've been waking up at 7:30 am with Daddy's alarm clock, one of us gets you and by 8am you are done with breakfast consisting of puff or cheerios, yogurt and milk.  By 9:30 am to 10am you are so tired and ready for your nap.  You usually sleep till noon and are ready for lunch.  You are eating about 4-6 oz of stage 2 baby food, some more puffs and 4-6 oz of milk.  We then run errands or meet up with friends for a playdate and run home by 2 pm to get you back in bed for your nap.  You will sleep till 4-4:30pm and then you have a snack and more milk and we start waiting for daddy to get home.  After dinner at 6pm you play with daddy till bedtime at 7:30pm.
laughing at mommy

Teeth:
You got your 5th tooth on the top left!  It was a rough week till it broke through, you would wake up once or twice and we would rock you and give you some numbing agent on your gums.
so serious, my boy

Eating:
This month we started weaning.  At the beginning of the month you were breastfeeding 4 times a day.   Each week I dropped a feeding and you did so great!  You are drinking formula out of a straw sippy box.  As of the night you turned 10 months we had our last feeding together.   It was the middle of the night and you needed some comfort.  You pooped your diaper (you were constipated) and then you were teething so you needed mommy's milk that night.  It was so sweet, so bittersweet.  I am so proud that you don't need me anymore for your food, but I miss our sweet snuggles already.  We even spent our first night apart when I stayed with your Aunt Sara one night!
runner up for the Christmas card

Movement:
You have started crawling!  I can put you down in one room and find you in another or down the hall.  You like to throw a toy and then crawl after it!  Your crawl is like a belly/army crawl.  We have already teased you that you are prepping to crawl under houses like your dad!  You will lay on your side and play...you still don't want to sit up on your own.  We can hold your legs and you will sit up, but you never try to do it.  I know it is only a matter of time, I did find you in your crib once this month sitting up crying and you have sat up several times in the bath.
Our Christmas Card picture!

Did I mention how much I love you and I have loved experiencing each new thing through your eyes.  My life is so much better with you in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment