Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Monday: 5 days till 1

Today was a special day.  Daddy was able to work at home for most of the day so you got extra snuggles with him this morning.

Mommy was up and running around doing normal Monday stuff, finishing laundry, making breakfast, doing dishes and picking up around the house after somewhat of a lazy weekend!

While you took your morning nap at home with daddy, Mommy ran some errands and got to work out at the gym!  I got some last minute supplies for your birthday party on Saturday including balloons and table clothes!

Your naps are all off today as we laid you down at 10:30 and finally slept at 11:30 till 1pm.

Then you were up till 3:30 before you started whining and acting tired and back to the crib you went but you didn't want to give it up at all! Finally, I knew I had to check for poop and yup you filled the diaper again and now you have me worried.  So, I called your pediatricians office to see if I should take you in.

You ate a decent dinner of green beans, mum mum's and drank all your milk.  While Mommy and Daddy ate dinner you ran circles around us in your walker and then played with your house in the living room.

We are teaching you that the gate to the stairs is a no no.  It makes me feel bad to tell you no, but I am impressed that after a week or so you are really understanding and only sometimes do you really challenge me.  75% of the time you look at the gate then me, I tell you no, then you look at the gate again and then move onto something else or back away.  The other 25% of the time you keep looking at me as I say no and reach for it while looking in my eyes.  I know that you know what no means, that guilty look gets all over your face.

Since you were so off schedule today you went to bed an hour late (after ANOTHER poopy diaper) at 8:30pm.  We made sure to give you some extra liquids to keep you hydrated.  Thankfully, you went right to sleep and only whimpered a little a couple of times.


my baby bird

1 comment: