Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mothers Day...good or bad?

You would think that now that I have Owen that Mother's Day would be one of my favorite days of the year.  It's not.  Mother's Day makes me remember the years that we wished for a child, the year when my arms were empty after losing the twins, makes me wish for another child and makes me think of all the woman who are hurting because of this greeting card holiday.  I just read this really amazing post by a fellow blogger and I can not even begin to describe the way she describes Mother's Day.  The blog post is written to a pastor of any church, but I think it can relate to everyone throughout the whole day.  It shows how Mother's day can be hurtful to some and how with a few words we could change that.

Here is the post, it is worth the click and the 2 minutes to read it:  http://messymiddle.com/2012/05/10/an-open-letter-to-pastors-a-non-mom-speaks-about-mothers-day/

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post and on Mothers Day in general.

Now, I don't want you to think I didn't truly treasure my son on that day, because I did.  I am so very thankful for this little boy in my life.  He makes every day a special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment