Wednesday, May 9, 2012

We impressed daddy tonight!

About once a day (or maybe every other day) Owen and I work on flash cards.  We have these flash cards (http://www.amazon.com/First-Touch-Feel-Picture-Cards/dp/0756615151/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1336612797&sr=8-9); My First Touch and Feel Picture cards.  They are great, they have different textures to touch and feel and they are nice and thick so they don't get bent or torn easily.

Anyway, so the past few days Owen has REALLY been into the flash cards and tonight we showed Daddy what he has learned.  Now, I have to say I thought Owen was doing really good, but have been cautious to brag because I wasn't 100% he was saying everything I thought.....BUT....now I have a witness!

Owen can look at these flash cards and either say the word or make the animal sound (depending upon his mood):

  • Fire Truck (truck)
  • baby (babee)
  • dog (woof woof)
  • Teddy Bear (bear bear-this is the Name of Chris' teddy bear that is on a shelf in his room that we look at a lot)
  • ball (baaaawwwwl)
  • tractor (tak-or)
  • shoes (shhhhhooooooos)
  • keys (kt, kt)
  • cat (meoooow, meow and looks at the door where Scraggles hangs out)
If you haven't heard about Scraggles, she is a calico cat that has recently adopted us!  Owen is IN LOVE with her and they have many conversations through the glass back door!


meet Scraggles

Owen is so smart, works on his laptop everyday!  Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment