This update is a bit late because as you can imagine life with an 18 month old! We had Owen's check up on Tuesday and as usual his pediatrician was giving him glowing reviews. She said he is advanced in his speech! He even showed off his counting skills for her!
But.
She did hear a heart murmur. I then felt a wave of shock go through my body. His dr. stressed that this is common and that most kids grow out of it but that she wanted us to move forward with an ECHO. At this point Owen was done sitting in my lap or being in that room and it was hard to hear everything she said. All I remember was she said it might take a while to go away so she wanted to do the ECHO so that next time we would know what is was. Also, she made me promise to not loose sleep over this.
After talking to my inlaws, I did find out that this is common and so far a few of his cousins had it and they are all fine.
But.
The ECHO will cost us $1500.
UGH!
Back Off, Man. I'm A Baker.
1 day ago


Scary!!!! Praying it will go away on it's own.
ReplyDelete