Monday, November 29, 2010

cloth diapering 101 my way!

I have spent the past few months researching and when the black friday sales started so did our shopping.  Here is our plan for our cloth diapering adventure.

Newborn:  
All the experts (aka mom's) recommend having 24 diapers for newborns, I have ordered 18 fitted Kissaluvs, so first we will put this little fleece diaper on our little boy.  I ordered natural, but they were out of stock so instead we got these pretty colored ones! 




Since, I ordered the Kissaluvs as a package deal I got three of these old school (like our mom's used) covers.  They are the Bummis Whisper pant which will be a great back up for when the other covers are dirty.
 The covers that we are going to use are:

This morning I got a phone call that I won one of the Black Friday giveaways and would you believe it was something that I was planing on purchasing later anyway!  An $18 value, 12 prefold diapers that can be used on babies 7-17 lbs.  These work great in a pinch when the kissaluvs fitted diapers are in the wash and as burb cloths too! 

The next step will be moving to the Nicki's Best Bottom Diaper System:
So far we have these colors: vanilla, double chocolate, mint chocolate chip, key lime pie and cow print (thanks Amber!).  These are super easy, snap in the insert and put on the baby!


We are also going to use cloth wipes because it is just as easy to throw those in the wash too!

6 comments:

  1. You will LOVE LOVE cloth diapers- I used disposables for my first son and man I don't know what I was thinking, not only is it a lot cheaper you will never imagine how much better it is on there bottom...Not One Single Diaper Rash in 6 months no redness nothing:) Glad to hear your cloth diapering !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey-nothing to do with diapers ;) Are you considered a risk risk pregnancy with losing the twins? Since I had preterm rupture of membranes, I am scared out of my mind and I don't know when it'll hit me that it's okay to be ecstatic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy cloth diapering. I've really enjoyed it, but it's a ton of work. Good luck with all that laundry... man it's a lot of loads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be so happy with the cloth! We used disposables for our first and cloth with our second- and I wouldn't go back for anything! We plan to continue the cloth with our future kids too! The kissaluvs/thirsties were the combo we used on our newborn too- and LOVED them. Never leaks or blowouts like we had with the disposables.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I'm glad you're doing cloth :) Keep me in mind if you ever have "issues"... I'm always around for a word of "wisdom"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you like your cow print! Soon very soon I will get one too after I decide which one!

    ReplyDelete