skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Owen: 5 weeks
5 weeks
- This week you really started looking looking into our eyes we love looking into yours.
- Your smile is more frequent, though I don't think you know you are doing it.
- When you have gas your cry sounds so painful and breaks our hearts. We are trying the gas relief medicine, but are not sold that it really helps.
- We got out of the house a lot this week:
- Monday: Play date with a little boy Colin who is 13 days younger than you. Yall ate, pooped and slept.
- Tuesday: It was your Neana's birthday so we made a big trip to Greensboro for the WHOLE day, you did great! We shopped, ate lunch with soon to be Matthew's mom (krista), ran errands with Neana then headed to Aunt Sara's and Uncle Robby's house for more fun!
- Wednesday: your 1 month appointment with your pediatrician; you weighed 10lbs 10 oz and grew a 1/2" to 22"
- Thursday: Playdate at our house with Grant and Jack (and their mommy Caroline!) You slept almost the whole time!
- Friday: Sophie and her mommy Anna came to visit and brought you presents. You had some snuggle time with Anna and Sophie played with your toys! Friday night Aunt Robyn arrived and was so excited to see you!!
- You've been sleeping regularly for 3 1/2 hour stretches at night. We would love you to sleep a little longer, but if you need to eat I will feed you. I love you so much. There is a special moment when I lift you out of your crib and you look at me so hungry and I know I am going to give you what you need.
- We dropped the nipple shield!! Though we are still learning to re-latch, but we will get it. You get frustrated with me sometimes, but in the long run it will be worth it for you to get all the good breast milk the natural way.
 |
| kicky kicky! |
 |
| yawn |
 |
| Super baby! |
I can't believe he is 10lbs 10oz. He seemed so tiny! I loved seeing you guys even if it was a quickie lunch!
ReplyDeleteand i'm totally digging the diaper cover! That's perfect for the little rock star!
He is such a cutie pie. Glad to hear everything is going well and that you're enjoying mommyhood!
ReplyDeleteI love that picture of the kicky kicky.. I can see him doing it in my head! :) He just gets cuter and cuter every day. Love you all!
ReplyDeletecongrats on the breastfeeding success! And don't worry, its totally normal for him to wake that often to nurse at night :) He'll get there!
ReplyDeleteYour Owen is super cute! I have a new born Owen, too! He's 16 weeks...little older than your Owen! It's been nice reading your updates! Glad all is going well!
ReplyDelete