 |
| look at my almost smile! |
Mommy update: This week started off very rough for me with a fever and a conclusion that I have mastitis. It was disappointing to be so sick with Aunt Robyn in town, but she was a great help with Owen! She was even willing to change his cloth diapers! I was able to get an antibiotic called into the pharmacy early evening on Saturday to start the process of getting better. Thankfully, the first night was a weekend evening and Chris was willing to get up and change Owen's diapers while I fought off the cold chills and got ready to feed him. Sunday evening, my precious boy slept 4 hours and 45 minutes for his mommy!! Though, I did have to get up and change clothes because I sweated and drenched my clothes and sheets. It was so bad I had to put a towel down and change my pillowcase. By the time he woke up I was feeling better and was able to change and feed him myself. Monday, I was still not a 100% my breasts are still hot to touch and red. My Dr's office called to check on me and if it wasn't better by Tuesday I was going to have to go in for an appointment. Tuesday, they had me come in and checked me out, but I was fine and was told to continue the antibiotics. Wednesday, I was feeling much better and more like myself. Owen has been doing great with his sleeping now that I have realized that he needs to eat on 1 or 2 two hour shifts before bed. Its like he needs to stock up some calories so he can sleep for 4-5 hours!!! I am loving the extra sleep and sometimes he will even give me a second 4 hour sleep stretch!!
 |
| hi! | |
|
 |
| i like to talk during tummy time! |
|
|
|
 |
| enough already! | | | | |
|
 |
| whew that was hard work! |
Owen updates:
- You started making bubbles with your mouth.
- You will make eye contact for several seconds and it melts my heart.
- You will follow the monkey rattle sometimes with your eyes.
- You noticed the TV this week and watched it.
- You still like tummy time and love falling asleep on your tummy (like mommy used to!)
- Everyone comments on your completion and they are constantly reassuring me that indeed you are a beautiful baby!
- You look big in the pictures, but in person you are a small snuggle cuddle bug!
- One of my favorite times is when I get to rescue you from your crib and swaddle. You immediately put your hands up by your face and when I lift you up your little body arches your back with your legs pulled up at your chest and I kiss and hold you. We walk down the hall to the sofa and I feed you and you act like you have never eaten before! I love that I can give you what you need.
- Your daddy is so sweet with you. Everyday he gets home from work and can't wait to kiss the both of us. He goes and takes off his dirty work shirt and washes his hands and then if you are not eating he picks you up and snuggles with you. You are so loved. You can make a funny face (that I see all the time), but its new to daddy and it becomes new to me again because your daddy is so excited about you!
- The rest of you family loves you so much. Your neana stopped by for an hour just to hold you when she was traveling our way. Your aunts, uncles, and cousins all can't wait for their turn to hold you and snuggle with you.
- Even in church you get passed around between friends! Everyone loves to hear your little coos and grunts and smell your baby scent! So far you have been really good at church.
He is just so handsome:) I hope you are feeling better...Gosh sounds so so rough cant even imagine:( Love that he is giving you a nice long sleep stretch maybe that will be in store for me this week? I have gotten a few 3hr stretches but normal is like 2 and a half and then it goes down in hrs from there. Motherhood is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about the mastitis! Thank goodness you haven't stopped nursing, which is what they used to (wrongly) advise years ago!
ReplyDeleteAbout 5 pm, a mother's milk supply dips a bit. If you nurse him a ton between this time and the time he goes to bed, it will definitely help get him the extra calories he needs. Also, you might want to wake him up at YOUR bedtime to do something called a "dream feed" which usually tops them off even more. Then he might sleep that 4 or 5 hour stretch when its more convenient for you!
he is so darn cute I just wanna pinch those cheeks!! I'm so sorry you had stupid mastitis - you are a trooper! Elliott also started sleeping through the night around 7 weeks or so and hasn't looked back so you are getting there yay! We also do a back to back (well, spacing of an hour or so) last feeds before he goes down for the night and it seems to do the trick!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about the mastitis! That sounds terrible!
ReplyDeleteOwen is so adorable though! I love the pics! Keep them coming!
He is so cute! I have mastitis too and all the same symptoms you had...it truly sucks! Hope you're feeling better!
ReplyDelete