I swear Owen knows if we are eating or trying to sleep. For instance, how many times have I sat down to dinner and Owen wakes up 10 minutes early! Seriously, in 10 minutes I can have my plate wiped clean and in the dishwasher.
So this brings me about today. I don't know if it was his extra long nap in the morning or the fact that I had given him juice a little bit before putting him down, but he took forever to settle down and fall asleep. Of course, this happens on the ONE day I decide I am going to let myself take a nap. So, I put Owen down and he was happily playing for a while and started to quiet down so I laid down in my bed. Not even 10 minutes later he is loudly whining like he needs something. I think maybe his foot is stuck in the rails or he finally pooped. So, I check on him, no foot stuck, no poop. I went ahead and nursed him as we are transitioning between a 3 hour to a 4 hour schedule and at this point it had been just over 3 hours and he didn't eat very well earlier. So, back in the crib he goes. I laid back down too. 15 minutes later he is crying out again. This time I did the diaper check and foot check; patted him and left. 15 minutes later, he is crying out again. I peak from the doorway and he is on his side facing the wall with his arm in the air. The arm is going from his side to straight up in the air and he is pumping it as fast as he can, up down up down in the dark it looked like a little blur.
I think to myself....my nap isn't going to happen especially since I didn't eat very much for lunch and I am hungry. So, I sit down with my snack and realize that I hear nothing. The kid has fallen asleep as soon as I got up!
I swear they know...and do it on purpose!
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


They totally know everything! And they will only get smarter with age!! Hoping you get a nap eventually!
ReplyDeleteGah. They totally know because those sock leprechauns who steal socks out of the dryer also moonlight as alarm installers and put alarms in all parents' beds and comfortable chairs that go off in the kids' rooms when weight is applied. If I ever find those jerks they're going to get it!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree. Every time I tell someone Noah is sleeping, he miraculously wakes up. I don't say anything out loud I don't want to jinx, it's happened way too many times!
ReplyDeleteOMG, they so do! Connor knows when we are trying to enjoy a meal together. ALWAYS!
ReplyDelete