Am I the only one that when a friendship with a girlfriend really comes to an end that it is SUPER awkward and weird? Its like when it is a guy and then you no longer have contact no one wonders what happened....they broke up PERIOD. But if it is a girl there is all this "other" stuff. Do you take down all the pictures of the 2 of you (and kids) on face.book what about when you see those photos in you computer when you are looking for something else, do you delete them? The last thing I need it to be reminded of this person who was mean, rude and downright hateful to me and my family (that is a WHOLE different story, that isn't really mine to tell) .
What about the stuff that she still has of mine? I got most of it back, but there are a few items that I would to have back....am I justified to ask for these items back or just let it go? Is the drama worth those items....
What is the etiquette for when a friend who happens to be female says "I don't want to be your friend anymore" are we in grade school again? Here is my half of the heart necklace, you can have it back. In this new digital age I found out this "friend" defriended me on face.book with no explanation. We had 3 minute conversation when this said "friend" basically told me I was a negative person.....funny how my husband had to pick up so much stuff that the back of the minivan was full, he said to me "Ignore her, obviously you are a giving person."
I don't know why I care so much, I guess that is just me. They (her and her husband) were not that great of friends anymore. They were probably the worst of our friends to support us after loosing the twins and they should have been the best as we were supposed to be "best" friends. There was only ONCE that she came over without her newborn. Every other time we said please bring the baby..no matter how hard it was for us. I wish I had let them go then...would have been such a better reason than this one.
I am sorry if you know me in real life and you know these people. We have so many mutual friends and I hope this doesn't make anyone mad, but this is my space to write what I want and feel. When I put these words on this blog I then let it go. I am not trying to talk badly about these people. Actually, everything I have written is facts or my feelings. I am probably down playing the whole thing more than building it up. I hate that I wasted so many years on this friendship that apparently didn't mean much to them. I wish they had just let the friendship fade into the background as it was headed there anyway. Then when we see them around town or at parties it wouldn't have to be awkward, but then that's how I would have handled it. Now, when I see this chick....oh no I am not going to tell you how I will act, but you can bet it won't be friendly.... remember she is the one that didn't want to be friends. But apparently one week before I was defriended she texted me saying her kid needed some Owen time and "we should get together".....must be nice to have a light switch on your emotions. I can't just turn mine off like that.
Isn't it interesting how the true spirit of people comes out at the holidays. The nasty ugliness just spills out of family and friends around this time of year. I think it is because Satan is working overtime in our lives. Well, guess what not in my house, not this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I think you're a better woman that I. Over the last few years I have lost several friends I thought I would keep forever whether they showed their true colors when Corinne arrived or by not using Matt to buy their house (srsly! we were c-l-o-s-e and they take food out of our mouths?!). Anyway. I was honest with these folks but bit my tongue a lot. However, the latest friend to bite the dust?... I gave her such a tongue-lashing. I just don't understand people's selfishness because they always turn it around on you like you're the problem and I am *sick* of that sort of judgment. Because no, it's not us, it's them. But I did leave their pics of us together alone. Because a) that was one chapter of my life and b) they're not worth the time. Good luck going forward. ;)
ReplyDeleteI don't want to break up.... ever :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sad reading this (late to the party but I've been on hiatus). I feel like I've lost several long time friendships over the past year or so but more due to drifting apart because of divorces, changes in status (i.e. me having a child and not being able to just pick up and run around like I used to). I've had spurts where I try really hard to make contact but discouraged when I don't get the same back. Sometimes having adult relationships is harder than highschool. I'm sorry you are going through this...and I know you IRL and you are an amazing, giving and up beat person so this friend of yours needs to get their head out of their arse.
ReplyDelete