Saturday, May 12, 2012

why people ask these questions...

I still don't know how to answer the question: is this your first?

Yes, I only bring just my youngest baby into walmart; the rest I leave in the freezing/smoldering minivan.  Ok, I know that this question is harmless, but really. Do you really want to know my answer? I had still born identical twin boys.  Do you need to know how long I pushed too?

I get this question several times a month.  Each time I answer differently.

Sometimes, they get a lie: "yes".

Sometimes, a half truth: "we had a loss, before our little miracle here" while rubbing Owen's hair like a good dog or maybe a good pinch of his cheek.

Sometimes, if I am in a mood and wanting to teach a lesson to people (that they shouldn't ask questions that they don't really want the answer too...that sometimes the answer isn't rainbows and puppy dog tails):  No, it took us 14 months to get pregnant with twin boys that were stillborn, they would be 2 this May.  Look them in the eye and wait for response.  Yada Yada Yada.  Yes, we know Owen is our little miracle baby and yes it took ALL the pain away.  RIGHT!  Face to palm.

Now the questions have started again.

Awe, he is so cute....when are yall going to have #2?  How many kids do you want?

Do you really want to know the answer?  Or are you just being noisy?

Because I can promise you it isn't rainbows and puppy dog tails.






3 comments:

  1. (hug) People are just nosy in general. If you are dating, they want to know when you will get engaged. If you are engaged, how long til the wedding? When is the first baby going to come along? Oh, looks like time for number two! Then you'll get comments if you have a third because that seems to be too many kids.... you can't win :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs. (My first comment came out as arrows because I tried to type out the arms that go with hugs.)

    ReplyDelete