Sunday, March 24, 2013

Really....this baby makin is never easy for us

I don't really want to remember Thursday night, but in true full disclosure and wanting to document this pregnancy like the others. Here it goes.

On Monday we had a great appointment and we decided we should get excited!! I had been feeling good. Nausea had almost gone away, yes I have been tired but we were almost into the 2nd trimester.

Thursday night was like any other night. We watched TV and went to bed. I was curled on my right side snuggling my king size pillow when "pop". I knew that feeling. It was like when Owen's water broke. I stood up and gush gush my underwear was soaked. I ran to the bathroom and it was pouring out of me like pee. Chris and I were in shock. I just knew my water had broken and we were losing this baby. As the night went by there was more blood and tears. I think I slept about 3 hours in one hour stints. I was exhausted by the time the doctors office opened and we ran out the door as soon as we got an appointment.

Our normal dr wasn't available, but the dr we saw was great. I was check internally and my cervix was closed and the bleeding had stopped. Then she brought out the Doppler....this was it we were going to find out our baby was gone. But then......whoosh whoosh whoosh!

We had a strong heartbeat!!! What in the world. Then we went to the ultrasound room where they found a large sack of blood next to the baby's bag of water. It is called a subchoroinic hematoma. We are still not out of the woods, this is still very scary as the blood sack can cause some issues. It can cause the bag of water around the baby to rupture or it can get in between the baby and the placenta. This SCH is caused by the placenta. Can we take a moment to talk about my history with placenta issues.

Pregnancy #1: twins shared a placenta and had a cord placement issue in the placenta
Pregnancy #2: had placenta previa, had to have a c/s
Pregnancy #3: c/p we will never know why
Pregnancy #4: SCH caused by placenta

We go back to see our normal dr on Tuesday and hope they do another u/s and that the blood sack is shrinking. Please pray for us if anyone is reading this.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your family. I hope all goes well tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had an SCH early in pregnancy as well. It was so scary to be bleeding/spotting and not knowing if the baby was okay. Luckily, the SCH has cleared itself up on it's own and all is good. Hoping the same outcome for you as well!

    Hugs,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete