Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Freezable Meals 4: Update

Well, someone asked for my recipes so here goes a few more I have done over the past weekish.

Mild Chicken Chili:
1 lb ground turkey
salt and pepper
1 Tbs olive oil
1 white onion
garlic powder (equal to a clove of garlic)
1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
1 15-oz can tomato sause
1 15-oz can red kidney beans, drained
1 15-oz can white kidney beans, drained
1 15-oz can black beans, drained
1 Tbs brown sugar
1 Tbs chilli powder to taste
1 Tbs red wine vinegar

Directions:  cook ground turkey, olive oil, and onion with salt and pepper till browned.  Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.  You may want to season to taste, Chris is always so good at this!!!

Made 2 meals for 2!


Cream Cheese Italian Chicken:

1 .7 ounce envelope Italian dressing mix
1/2 cup butter
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
1 10-oz of cream of chicken soup
1 8-oz package cream cheese

Cut the chicken into bit size pieces..  Set the crock pot on high adding the butter in to melt once melted add the Italian dressing mix; once mixed add the chicken and cook on high for 2 hours.  Stir occasionally.  Then add cream of chicken soup and cream cheese.  Mix and put into freezer bags.

I ended up doubling this recipe b/c I had bought a bunch of chicken.  I was able to freeze 3 baggies (2 servings a bag) and a 4th bag that is 1 serving size. 

As for the rest of my cooking, I think I am slowing down.  Getting sick of it!  I still have a few more things to make.  I remembered that I don't like the corn chowder frozen, so now I have all the ingredients, but I am not going to use them right now.  Luckily, they are mostly cans so they will last for a while.

Up next:  cornflake hash-browns (whew no cooking on that one) and an easy chicken pot pie recipe that calls for biscuits on the top.

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm...I don't do italian seasonings but I may have to adapt that chicken one with some homemade dressing I have!
    Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cream cheese chicken sounds great! I love finding new yummy crockpot recipes. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete