Sunday, July 28, 2013

Jesse: 29 weeks

I admit I had to look up how many weeks I was.  Running after a toddler in the midst of daily life and summertime adventures means Mama has officially lost her brain and Jesse you are getting all the good new cells right now!

I am so excited to say all our summer vacations are over...that sounds so horrible.  But being pregnant and sleeping in different beds has not agreed with me.  That compounding upon Chris's insane work schedule and things I want accomplished around the house this Mama is ready to get some stuff done around here and spend some QT with her #1 baby!

white closet doors and black twin bed

Last I left off here was painting on day 3.  Well, somehow that blog post got lost in the cyber world.  Anyway, 2 more long days of painting happened; it was hot and I was very tired.  The closet doors and twin bed are fully painted and hopefully hung and set up before this post is completed (yes, I admit it might take several days to finish a post these days).  If so pictures will happen.  But so far there is the bed as of now:
Owen was so excited when it dried and he could touch it

Loves his new bed, we will see when it is set up how it goes.
My babies TO DO list is growing shorter and longer at the same time.  I guess all the big stuff is getting closer to done and now the million little things are creeping into my head.  Like the 20 or so boxes and bins in the basement that will need to be sorted and washed and some is getting purged!   I have to admit I am excited!  The mountain of baby gear we have been hoarding in the basement has begun to overwhelm me and we want to start work on the basement (finishing some of the spaces) so some STUFF has got to go!  I keep having yard sales and finding more and more to get rid of!  I am so thankful that our complaint is too much stuff!  Really we have been blessed with the hand-me-downs and we are using a lot of it.

first time I have done my hair in weeks!

Baby center's 29 week baby bio:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (about the size of a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Here are some fun insta-photos from our last trip:
grumpy after his nap on the day we left, so we had snuggle time

Per a toddler's request!

Jesse's 28 week bump

beaching it!


Well, we got the bed in the room before I hit 29 weeks!  Yippee!!  The first nap didn't happen in the bed.  The crib is on the other side of the room and he slept in it.  But that night....


pretend sleeping and just excited about the bed!



slept through the night in his bed! WOW
I am shocked to say he slept in his bed.  Took him a long time to fall asleep, but he is getting older and wanting/needing more freedoms.  The crib will stay in his room for a while longer especially since today is day 2 and nap is happening right now in the crib.  He wanted to sleep with his head on the neck roll pillow and I wouldn't let him and he threw a fit.  I calmed him down and gave him the choice of bed or crib and he picked crib and within 10 minutes had talked himself to sleep!  3 hours later he is still asleep!  

I have been working on the nursery a bit more today!  Makes me feel so relieved and overwhelmed at the same time.  The changing table, end table and curtains are in place!  YIPPEE!!!  Owen even helped windex the inside of the window this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment