Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Jesse's Nursery progress and a hubby brag!

Nursery progress!!  FINALLY I feel as if we are getting closer to having a room for this baby!  I have to admit I was A LOT further along for Owen's room.  Insert guilt.

So, I have the best husband.  After a Sunday of unpacking and mowing and then painting the trim around the crown for me so I didn't have to be on a ladder, he willingly did more projects in the nursery on Monday evening after WORK.  I had tried to hang the curtains and almost stripped the screws completely.  Also, I had washed the window inside and out and need help putting the screen back on.  So, he gets home at 7ish, eats dinner and does these 2 things, just to turn to Owen and ask him if he wants to help daddy hang the closet doors! Mommy was thrilled that daddy volunteered and since he was in such a helpful mood he also moved the big HEAVY pull out bed/chair into the nursery.  Mommy got to put the pretty pillow she made and the ottoman put in place!  One half of the room is coming together!

Haha!  How did I end up in the third person?  not sure!

On to the pictures!  

changing table from Aunt Kristy from Owen's room, Chair from my Grandmom's apt, end table from Aunt Sara's childhood room, ottoman from Tar.get clearance! Pillow handmade by me!
need new light fixture ASAP, but loving the fresh paint and curtains!
My plan for August is play with Owen and start the washing: clothes, blankets, burp clothes, cloth diapers, etc.  There are a million boxes in the basement calling my name for sorting and washing.  I have to admit I am half dreading it half ready to tackle it.  Then that leaves little stuff for September and freezer meals.  

But next up is:
  • a trip to IKEA with some friends next week, major list is forming; not good for the pocketbook!
  • moving the crib from Owen's room into Jesse's room.  The big brother said he was ready today and wanted to help daddy do it. After last night's to do list I didn't push it plus we really didn't have time.
  • Once the crib is moved there will be some other things to do in Owen's room and once that is finalized more pics to come!!
  • Once the crib is moved I can put the crib skirt on and the crib sheet I made.  I am kinda excited to see it come together.  I don't really feel like its real yet, even as Jesse is kicking me as I type this.
Ok, this is just a rambling post! Haha.  Thanks if you made it this far.

2 comments: