Sunday, July 21, 2013

Painting weekend commences

Well, whew.  I have painted more in the past 3 days than I have since we moved into this house!

Here is a quick summery of my long weekend of painting:
Friday: 
Aunt Sara came to help:

-sanded and painted one coat on Sara's coffee table, Owen had to paint the plastic feet every time we wiped it off he would paint them again and he was good at it!!
Aunt Sara's C-list coffee table redo!
-stripped a dresser (not sure if its going to end up as trash)
    dresser...may be trash now
-sanded, primed and painted a kids chair for Owen's desk for his room
DONE!!  

Saturday:  
Uncle Alan, Robyn (Aunt Bobby) and her boyfriend Bryce, Aunt Sara and Daddy helped:

-painted Jesse's room-2 coats of paint
Bryce, Daddy and Uncle Alan


    baby Jesse's nursery; proud Daddy

    letting the 2nd coat dry! SW Minor Blue
-sanded 1 of Jesse's closet doors and primed it
-finished painting Aunt Sara's coffee table
-ate a great BBQ lunch and chatted
-moved all the supplies into the carport in case it rains (it did)
Sunday:
Daddy and Mommy
-2 coats of paint on the first closet door
-sanded and primed the 2nd closet door
closet doors paint!
-sanded. washed, NoSand chemical application and primed Owen's big boy twin bed
before bed pic
primed twin big boy bed
-swept out the carport and wiped down Owen's toys (they were filthy-dang pollen!)
toy clean up!
-killed a wasps nest and 8 wasps! Thanks Daddy!
-Sara popped back by to sand/distress her coffee table and pick it up to take home
-Daddy organized his truck's tools

Did I mention it has been like 90 degrees and everyday I was DRENCHED by the end of the work.
I still have a MILLION more things to do, but I do feel like we are in a way better place to get them done!  I am now all set up with saw horses in the car port and can pop out there to finish painting the bed and closet doors this week!!  Of course there is a much needed supply store run before I can do much more!  Also, we have swimming lessons, doctor appointments and grocery shopping that needs to be done too!

Next up:
2 coats of black paint on the bed
2 coats of white paint on the closet doors
shopping trip to home improvement store to do some returns and get some supplies
need to look at room in day light and decide if it needs another coat of paint and we still need to clean up the supplies

I can't wait to get Owen's bed put together and move his changing table into Jesse's room!  Might start to feel more real!  I want to get Jesse's dresser in the room and then start working on the "art" wall.  I have a couple of pieces half done and ideas for more!  Then the baby clothes washing begins for REALS! UGH! not looking forward to that part!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to get Owen's bed put together and move his changing table into Jesse's room! Might start to feel more real! I want to get Jesse's dresser in the room and then start working on the "art" wall. I have a couple of pieces half done and ideas for more!cheap runescape goldGold für World of Warcraft

    ReplyDelete