Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Introduction

This is the blog that will be devoted to us trying to conceive our first child. My goal one day is to turn this into a place for family and friends to be updated on our pregnancy and eventually on the life of our child. WOW that seems so far away right now. Beware this blog may be filled with personal experiences and if you are squeamish do not read.

About a year ago we decided to see if God would bless us with a little one. I tried to be patient, but if you know me at all you know this doesn't last long. Last month really honed it in that it is time to begin the process of figuring out why we are not pregnant. I was about 20 days late and no pregnancy (from here on out it will be referred to PG). Chris was supper supportive and we agreed to begin some testing. The first test was his semen analysis, thank the Lord his numbers came back normal! Over 151 million little guys were swimming in the cup! He is a proud man! Next, came my test. Just a little blood work to test my progesterone levels to see if I ovulated. Since my cycle is not a normal 28 days (no one really is so don't get worried about that), I began charting.

**Charting: basal body temperatures, cervical fluid, ovulation predictor strips, and next month testing for ferning with saliva

On the 28th we realized that I most likely ovulated on the 25th and scheduled my progesterone test for that coming Monday. What a nervous wreak I was. But after the nurse stabbed me 6 times to get into the vein leaving me with several bruises, I made it out alive and that afternoon received my test results. 15.1, this is a great number and the nurse said I "most likely" ovulated.

Which brings us up to date. Wednesday and still charting my temps. Unfortunately, yesterday and today my temperature has begun to drop. This is not a good sign. We are not completely out of the running for a PG yet but it is beginning to not look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment