Wednesday, July 8, 2009

CD1

here we go again. Thankfully, AF came and I didn't have to stress about what else might be wrong with my body. CD31 is normal for me to start on. I have scheduled my HSG for Thursday the 16th at 2pm. I will not be going back into work after it, too stressful.

Chris and I had a wonderful conversation last night. He was super sweet about how much the HSG is going to cost us. He said "what ever we need to do, we will do and make it work" This is what he said when we bought our house and it worked out. He is such a great husband! He also was asking what our next steps are, it makes me feel so good that he is participating in this instead of me just doing what I think, I guess this is what they call marriage, A GREAT MARRIAGE! He broke my heart when he said that he felt like all this was his fault. I was shocked he felt this way b/c his tests came back with amazing numbers and so really it is my testing that will show if something wrong. Anyway, we decided not to worry or think about this until after the HSG. Hopefully, it will show a blocked tube that they can unblock and we will know that was the answer to our problem.

As for our next steps:
  1. If HSG shows blocked tube we have an answer
  2. If HSG is clear then we will see about getting an apointment with an RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) and see what they have to say.
What I've realized in the past few days is that I am begining to greive the loss of the fun and excitement of trying to concieve a child. I thought this was going to be an exprience that my husband and I would share and look back with fond thought. I thought we would be able to make love and make it happen. It saddens me to think that my baby may come into this world in a unnatural more medical way.

2 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad you got your HSG scheduled! Even if the HSG is normal are you going to see an RE? How long have you guys been trying and are your cycles normal?

    I know that the idea of medical intervention is not something any of us ever expected, but just remember your baby will be special and the baby you are meant to have any way you have it.

    Believe me I NEVER thought we would be going to IVF. It is good that your DH is so supportive and that he will do anything to make it happen.

    A little bonus is that you are more fertile for the four months following an HSG! I have a friend that had one and the next month was pg so you never know!

    GL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right there with you. I just said to my husband tonight while injecting my meds into my stomach that i just wish we could get pregnant the old fashion way. Lots of fun and excitement. I never wanted it to be this way. I am saddened by the fact that we are going into debt to have this baby and i am petrified of regretting it and resenting the baby because we have no $$. I look around me and people are getting pregnant just having plain ole sex. Why not us??? I feel your pain girl..I feel your pain. GL with you HSG. I would just tell you to lay on the table or sit in a chair afterwards. I felt very nauseous and lightheaded. hot flashes and thought i was going to pass out. I dry heaved in my car for about 30 mins. Not everyone has this reaction of course so don't worry. Just try not to rush out of there. GL GL GL

    ReplyDelete