Warning: if you are not in a good place and want to avoid the sentimental baby talk please skip this post, I understand.
Owen, my darling son,
There are times when I wonder what you are doing in there. Why does my WHOLE belly jump? Are you falling asleep and have that falling feeling where it makes you jump at the end? Why do you like my right side and snuggling under my rib? Wouldn't a rib be uncomfortable to rest your little butt on or a foot? Do you think my bladder is a trampoline to get to the top of my uterus? I feel ya buddy, I am not very comfortable either. I know we are both beginning to feel very squished and are competing for space. I will probably let you win.
Then there are other times when I can feel the shape of your head to the left of my belly button; I can feel your little bottom on my right side and feel your kicks down near my hip. I am sorry if I poke you or pat your bubble all the time. I can't keep my hands off your home, first my belly is itchy and while I am there itching I might as well feel you move and enjoy them as you will only be in there one time! Later in life, when I touch your face, hold your hand and kiss your feet just know it is because I am making up the time where I couldn't touch you these months.
The other night, I was snuggled in my favorite spot before bed with my head resting on your daddy's shoulder. Once, I settled in I could feel you move about and you got settled and comfy too. Chris and I were talking about you and how much we love you already, how much we are so excited about your arrival in a few months. I noticed that there was this little flutter in my belly, in the location where your feet usually rest. Then I noticed your daddy was rubbing his feet together as he was talking to me and it was like you were doing the same thing!!! My boys ops my MEN are so alike already! Daddy totally thinks this was very cool, so you are allowed to be like him like that country song says. If he is anything like me by Brad Paisley. You need to look up this song, this melted your daddy's heart when the video came on tv the other day. I looked over at him and tears were in his eyes and his arms opened and I had to crawl in there and he wrapped his arms around me placing his hands on my belly-on you. We listened to the rest of the song together. I, so, hope you are like your daddy. You will make a woman very lucky one day if you are. The Holmes men are of a different breed and you've got a lot to live up to, but we know you can do it and we will help you become that man. We can't wait till you are here on the outside world to show you all the beautiful things life has to offer.
Owen, when you may read this one day and look back at all the times your dad calls you son, it is only because he never believed he would have a boy of his own and that word son means so much to him. So humor him if he calls you son more than by your name. You are not a replacement for your older twin brothers, but a more cherished child because of them. We know the pain in our hearts that we would feel if we ever lost you and it makes you so much more important to us. We have prayed for you our special boy. Our first son that we are able to take home and give all the love in our hearts too. We promise to be the best parents we can be even though we know it will be hard and there will be difficult times, I know that the good times will out weigh them.
Right now, it is past midnight and I am tired from a full day of getting ready for Christmas; you are kicking my right rib from underneath and you seem so far away even though you are a mere inch beneath the my skin the closest we will ever be. Just remember that what this whole thing is about: LOVE.
I love you sweet boy, my prince.
your mommy
Friday, December 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What a beautiful letter. It brought me to tears. I hope your first Christmas with your son is a beautiful one.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful! I know you guys are so excited and can't wait to have him in your arms. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
ReplyDeleteLove all you christmas pics:) So much fun with the sisters...I love my sis and couldnt imagine life without her just that great bond we have because we are only 18mo apart...Also love the latest little owen pic so very cute...I think we are going to have heartbreakers on our hands:) Merry x-mas!!!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful. Owen is indeed a lucky little man and he will always know love, I have no doubt.
ReplyDeleteYour prince is a lucky little boy!
ReplyDeletethis is beautiful! :) he will love it one day!
ReplyDelete