Sunday, January 2, 2011

cooking in January

So, I am working on my list of items to cook and freeze and would love your help.  Please let me know if any of you have any recipes or suggestions to round out my list!

Dinners:
  • Mild Chicken Chili
  • Marinated Cream Cheese Italian Chicken Breast
  • Zesty Beef and Vegetable Soup
  • Ham and Hash Brown
  • McCormick Crock Pot Chili with ground Turkey
  • Chicken Tortilla Soup
  • Shepherds Pie
  • Santa Fe Soup
Sides:
  • Corn Flake Hashbrowns
So, it looks like I am covered on the soups!  So, I was thinking if I cook 3 meals a week and each meal I can freeze 2 that would be 6 meals and I have at least 4 weeks so....that would be 24 meals!  Throw in the stouffers lasagna and chicken and rice meals and our new favorite PF Changs frozen meal bags and we will have at least the first month or so covered.  Thank goodness we have a stand up freezer waiting to be filled up!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you definitely are well organized! Maybe some breakfast dishes, like a breakfast casserole or quiche and cinnamon rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mom's enchalada's info if you want that?! It is really easy, not sure about freezing it but it would be an easy one to whip up one night! :) love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you lived closer I would be coming to your houe for dinner....All that sounds awesome...Honestly Im terrible both me and the hubs grew up with mothers that didnt cook much so unfortunately we have followed in their footpaths but hopefully once baby hakes is here I or we will change our ways

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just a lurker, but can you post recipes? I love cooking ahead and freezing, and I've never tried cream cheese and chicken, and it sounds yummy.
    Best of luck to you and your family. I hope these last few weeks go quickly with no drama!

    ReplyDelete