Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dr apt update and shopping

Dr APT:
I had an OB appointment yesterday.  Owen's heartbeat is right on track at 145-150; the belly bump is measuring 33 weeks and my blood pressure was excellent.  I spoke with my Dr a little more about the c-section.  For some reason I was worried about where she would make the incision because my placenta so low lying basically it is in the way.  She reassured me it would be a normal c-section and if the placenta was in the way she would just move it with her hand taking out Owen first and then the placenta.

Also, Owen is transverse; so if the placenta moves Owen would still need to move into the head down position.  As of right the last u/s he can't move into position b/c the placenta is in the way.  We could really see this on the u/s.  So at this point, Chris and I are not feeling very positive that the placenta will move and if it does I am not excited about having my Dr have to move Owen into position (sounds painful).  We keep telling each other as long as he is here healthy we are ok with a c-section.  I am not going to beat myself up over something that I can't control.  
Owen is a bit more head down and bottom up at my right rib than as the picture shows.


 SHOPPING:
On to more fun topics.  My mother-in-law came with me to Greensboro and after my OB appointment we went shopping!   There were a few items on our agenda as my MIL has offered to make a few items for this precious boy.
  1. Complementary fabrics for the guitar fabric for a handmade quilt
  2. pattern for his coming home outfit
  3. yarn for a knit hat
We ended up having a very successful day!  We found five great fabrics to go with the guitar fabric for Owen's nursery quilt including a turquoises, a black with a tiny gray pattern on it, a solid gray, a strip that had ALL the colors in it, and a green on green dot.

Then we found a simple pattern for his coming home outfit that has a little jacket with pockets on the front!

Of course it isn't exactly 100% what I wanted, but I think with a few changes like cuffs at the bottom of the pant instead of the pleating, removing the buttons and adding details but keeping it simple.


Lastly, I picked out a fun red yarn for a little red knit hat that she is going to make for him!!  These are going to be some of the special treasures we will keep forever!!  So sweet!! I can't wait to wrap this baby in handmade love!

7 comments:

  1. This is making me so happy that you're talking about a coming home outfit and c-sections! I can't wait to see that sweet Owen's pics in a few weeks. Squeeeee!

    p.s. the c-section won't be that bad at all and you'll have peace of mind that it will be a very controlled, safe delivery for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Owen came out by c-section too! Although it was because he was stuck because he was born the size of a 2 month old. (11 lbs) I was 40 weeks along and seriously measuring 45 weeks. He was THAT big.

    Also I HATED HATED HATED my c-section. I gave birth naturally with the first baby and I didn't want a c-section with Owen, but there was nothing I could do and I totally survived. When I was in the hospital unable to walk and feeling like I would never be normal again I just remembered my mother and how she had 3 c-sections and how she is 100% normal now. Good luck! I am excited for you and your Owen and I hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everything is going to work out perfect!!! And I cannot wait to see this quilt that she makes him... I'll bet it will be amazing! :) can't wait to see the outfit too, it will be super cute with all of your changes and such a special gift that she is giving you. Last - I am super excited that you are blogging again!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about the Placenta arrangement, but everything will be fine. He is doing so good and so are you! I can't wait to see your nursery all finished and the new hand made items. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute going home outfit! and your last preggo pic you are looking fantastic mama! :) Wishing you all the best in 2011 - can't wait to meet Owen - I am so so happy for you - you are almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad everything went good with your appt, other than his positioning. Hopefully he will adjust for you. Your projects sound awesome - can't wait to see the finished items!

    ReplyDelete