Friday, January 7, 2011

January 7th, 2010 and 2011

Today a year ago my husband, his mother and my sister piled in our cars full of excitement headed to the Dr.'s office to see our twins.

Our lives were changed drastically that day.

Today, this year my belly is swollen full of another child that when he moves takes my breath away.

I love you Abe, Benny and Owen you are all my boys, my children.


Today, I am also thinking of my good friend Jackie who I have never met in person, but who has become a very special woman in my life as she lost her little bean a year ago today.  We both had ultrasounds this day and we both received the worst news that our babies were gone.  I don't think I would have survived this past year without all the emails we exchanged.  There were times when no one else remembered our babies, but we were able to speak freely of them.  Thank you Jackie for all your support.

My prayer for this next year is for it to bring this little boy into my arms and home.  For Jackie, I pray that it brings a renewed spirit, health and a successful IVF.  To all the other women who have lost babies, or are waiting for their babies I am thinking of you and know how hard it is to start a new year with empty arms.  I pray that 2011 brings the baby into your arms one way or another.

6 comments:

  1. I love you sister! I am thinking of you and Chris today, as I know today cannot be an easy one. You are so strong and I admire you for everything you have been through, and able to come out on the other side with a smile, though they will forever be in your heart. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jeanna - I do not know how I would of gotten through this year without you as well. You have giving me so much support and were so kind and understanding. I am so happy we became friends but so sad about the way we became friends - we will always have a bond. I wish nothing but the best for you today and always and am so excited for the arrival of Owen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you guys today. It's been quite a year, but there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for your blog, it has helped me so much throughout my journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you AND your friend Jackie today. I am wishing peace for the past and joy for the future. I can't wait to meet Owen and I'll always remember Abe and Benny.

    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thinking of you today while you remember your firstborns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wanted you to know that im following along, albeit silently, and that my heart is so full of joy for you and your family.
    can't wait until he's here!
    xoxo
    lis

    ReplyDelete