So, after yesterdays scheduling of a c/s date, Chris and I got motivated. Really, the nursery has been done as we just had one last project to hang on the walls. So last night after dinner we broke out the tools and hung some guitars over the crib and I am happy to say the nursery is 100% FINISHED!!!
Of course, there will be some minor cleaning to do before I put him in that crib for the first night!
Enjoy our pictures; but first a few renovation pictures to finish things off!
 |
| removing the old keyless light fixture |
 |
| the master electrician! It works! |
 |
| These are ukuleles that Chris spray painted. |
 |
| Our wall art and a proud Daddy! |
 |
| These look better in the room than the pictures. |
 |
| Changing table or Cloth Diaper station. |
The changing table was given to us from Chris' sister, Kristy. The dark brown wood matches the rocking chair perfectly! I purchased some fun containers to hold the cloth diapers, blankets, and burp cloths.
 |
| I hung the OWEN letters myself, check out his stash of books near the rocking chair! |
The rocking chair is a VERY special piece. Chris' parents received the rocker as a wedding gift from their parents. Since, Chris and I were dating he always told me:
when I tell my parent we are having a baby I want to say, Guess it is time for me to take the rocking chair. The rocking chair is his favorite piece of all his parent furniture and he put a claim on it years ago. I think it might have to do with all the stories his mom read him in that chair. I hope to continue the tradition and would love for Owen to stake a claim on this special piece of furniture. Bonus is that I love dark wood and the size is perfect for our nursery as I am packing it with stuff! We were given the rocking chair at the baby shower our church threw for us on January 16th! Chris' mom even recovered a seat cover with the same fabric as the quilt she made (I need to get a good picture of the quilt).
 |
| There are some very special teddy bears and a frog waiting to be loved on in that crib! |
 |
| TOYS!! |
 |
| Chris' childhood dresser that we painted and replaced the knobs several years ago when our first house was on the market. |
The picture frame is another very special item. Sue, a woman, from our church gave it to us at the baby shower. There are 3 pictures. The picture of Chris and my hands holding the necklace from the top of this blog, my favorite ultrasound picture of Owen's face and one of the ultrasound pictures of the twins together all snuggled up inside me. These are all my precious boys.
Well, that was the tour. Funny thing as I was sitting here typing this UPS just dropped off a box and it is the window blind (black out and cordless) for Owen's room...guess it technically isn't quite finished!! Chris knows the deal....it will be hung tonight!
Oh Jeanna! The room looks amazing! Your son is very, very lucky.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE IT! It looks phenom and I love the colors! And I'm so jealous of you being finished!! LOL
ReplyDeleteit is gorgeous!! Owen will look perfect in there :)
ReplyDeleteYay! :) I love it - it looks great!!! I cannot believe how much you have done!! He is gonna be here before we know it... and then we will think back and say "how did we ever live without him!?!"
ReplyDeleteIt looks so great! I love the ukuleles over the crib! How creative!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the room - it looks great - I am so glad everything is coming together!!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks awesome, congrats! I'm sure it's a big relief to have it ready. I'm sure Owen will love his new pad! :)
ReplyDeleteI love it!!! So boyish and stylish:) My hubs would love all the guitars....he has one and dabbles with it here and there...Guess what I got a facebook:) my email is kklendworth@yahoo.com if you want to look me up that way....Also these last few months going through things and being able to vent/truly understand each other has been great and I cant wait for us to move onto motherhood together 2:)
ReplyDeleteOMG, I LOVE the theme. I love love love the rocker stuff for boys. That's our theme for Drew's birthday. The guitars above the crib are SO cute. I love the fabric you used and all the homemade is ADORABLE. It was all made with lots of love. You both are going to be AMAZING parents.
ReplyDeleteI love it, Jeanna!! I also love that Qwen's nursery is completed before Will's. We still haven't hung anything on the walls yet. I am hoping to have some things up before he turns 1!! Your nursery turned out amazing!!
ReplyDelete