Warning whiny post ahead:
The night before last I began to get nauseous which turned into a night of tossing and turning and thinking about throwing up, which I never did. The next morning we had an u/s scheduled and I was about to back out when I just couldn't not go. On the way there I began to have braxton hicks contractions. They were not regular, but ranging between 2-6 minutes apart on our 45 minute drive to the drs office. It was rough, the contractions were uncomfortable and then when they were over I would get hit with a wave of nausea.
The u/s went great, Owen is measuring 5 pounds 10 oz!! Big boy and right on track! They said everything looked great with him. Then she checked and my cervix is closed and long, so the contractions are not doing anything as of yet. Which is good because we are not ready for this little boy yet!
Yes, we have the car seat and it will take a few quick clicks to get it installed. As of yesterday, my mother-in-law informed me the coming home outfit is ready. His clothes are washed and the bassinet and crib are ready!
But, right now I am on self induced bedrest as every time I stand even to go pee the braxton hicks kick in and I am miserable for the next 10 minutes.
Last night, the contractions woke me up for about an hour and again they were inconsistent ranging from 2-6 minutes apart.
I have so much to do around the house that sitting here is so hard. Hopefully, the water that I am pouring into my body is going to stop them and I can get back to my regular activities (that included sitting on the sofa).
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


oh honey. I'm so sorry.
ReplyDeleteI have plans to gut my pantry this weekend due to a mouseguest and we are hopefully painting the nursery but NEXT Saturday if you need me, I'll be more than happy to come out and do whatever needs done per your instructions while you lounge on the sofa!
I'm still in full on nesting with quite a bit of energy so I'm good for it :)
Oh boy girlie...Im glad you are taking it easy and drinking lots and lots of water because sometimes dehydration can cause contractions but how scary...
ReplyDeleteI had a rough day yesterday as well...Hopefully our little buns will cooperate just a little longer and bake away...Maybe its all that good food youve been making:)
its so close! Just a few more weeks!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you are experiencing all of this. Take your time to relax now because there will be no time once he gets here! Hope that you are feeling better soon!!
ReplyDelete