Friday, September 6, 2013

Almost ready for you Jesse!

Well, I am just soooo ready to say the nursery is 100% finished and it's not.  I didn't meet my August goal.  It is so close that I am not beating myself up over it.  Tonight, however, I did start on my September goal....freezer meals. UGH! I am so not looking forward to it!

Step one was defrosting the freezer.  I now am praying it defrosts quickly as i have 2 coolers full of food that i don't want to go bad! It was so full of ice on the shelves and some food had spilled on the ice and only way to clean was a complete defrost; that is happing as i type!  Step 2 was gathering my recipes together and making a grocery list and putting dates on the calendar to cook.  Most of the meals I plan to make extra for our meals too so I am trying to look at it as not that much extra cooking.  One good thing about emptying the freezer is getting rid of the hash browns from Owen's freezer meal cooking (3 years ago!!! Gag!) and some of his baby food I made!  LOL!! 

I am excited about clean stocked and organized freezers!  I plan to keep a list of the meals on the white erase board again and hopefully a tally of the frozen veggies too (will help with shopping and not over buying).  

Sadly, the master bathroom is at a stand still.  I was really hoping the tile guy would come today and he couldn't and it probably means he has jobs early next week too. Ughhhhh! Guess Chris is going to have to hang stuff for me this weekend on the walls so I can still have a feeling of accomplishment!!! Fingers crossed that it all gets done!  

Ok, so I talked to Chris about hanging stuff and apparently he has a bunch he can do in there...I knew that he was going to need to sand and sheet rock mud some more, but it sounds like he is wanting to finish the electrical in there too!! Can lights and fan!! 

Freezer is almost thawed!  I just spent 10 minutes breaking ice and dumping water!!  Hope to get the food back in there tonight! Got to love how long it takes to write a post these days!  I started writing at 3pm and it's 8:45 now.  

Wish I had taken a before pic of the freezer it was BAD!  

No comments:

Post a Comment